Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 06:53   #16

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015
Re: Fl to Grand Bahama on Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George DuBose View Post
Ship the wife by air. Enjoy the trip. Let the wife enjoy daysails and nights at the dock. Saves wear and tear on the wifey.

Sound advice. Preserve and protect what you two share about sailing, however you and she describe it. Respecting that, invest and nurture are best strategies, the sailing will take care of itself.
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:21   #17

Boat: Wildcat 35

Hey Peeps,

While I am thankful of all the advice, I am really only looking for a suitable captain with experience to make the crossing with us, so it is as comfortable as possible. If you have experience sailing a catamaran and wants some extra cash, then please PM me with your CV, references and your rate. Since my time is limited, I am only pursuing people of interest who send me the requested information upfront and then I will respond with all the details etc.
DavidLGCrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:57   #18

Boat: Wildcat 35

Update: Crew no longer required.
Following the advice of Chris Parker (who I highly recommend for your weather needs), we left Boca Raton at 3pm on December 28th and arrived 16.5 hours later at Port Lucaya on Grand Bahama. The crossing was great, 0.5 meter waves on 7 or 8 seconds. We just did a 100 degree heading until we had passed the gulf stream, then adjusted our course and watched the sun come up about 30 minutes before heading into port.
You can read about it here if interested: http://sailquest.ca/index.php/96-cro...he-gulf-stream
DavidLGCrawford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran