Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2020, 13:29   #1

father/son seeking ocean passage (will donate $10,000)

We live in Maine. We are wiling to donate $10,000 to your boat fund if you take us across either the pacific or Atlantic ocean. We seek to go on a 40 to 60 foot boat either monohull or catamaran.
I have a great deal of mechanical skills, I can sail, cook, clean, etc. I've been a financial advisor 31 years now - so I can help you with financial issues. we all know money makes boats float and airplanes fly!
we spent 50 plus hours in a captains class recently. I have been boating all my life mostly power boats. I've built boats and and an airplane. My son is awesome with electronics. If you think you might have room for us - let's chat. I have excellent references from my pilot friends. I've owned a piper super cub for about 12 years now - on youtube type in clifford dow and it will bring up some of my flying videos. My son and I are on a mission to buy our own boat and sail around the world. We rented a 41 footer in the BVI last winter for 9 days and had a blast. We proved to ourselves we can sail.
Cliff Dow, new gloucester Maine USA
207-329-9468
airplaneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 18:35   #2

Re: father/son seeking ocean passage (will donate $10,000)

I wish I was planning a trip soon. I would jump at your offer. However as I am working, mostly on domestic routes for the time being, I will just say good luck with your endeavors.
Captandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 12:40   #3

Don’t forget us we are eager to sail!
Old 25-07-2020, 15:07   #4

Boat: 31ft tank

59-north.com
Cowpoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 07:24   #5

Hi,
I'm will starting at 1. november from Canary islands to Brasilia and through Magellan strait to Pacific toward Easter islands
I have a Jeanneau SO 42.1 reneuwed for this trip.
I'm 66 hungarian sailor. Sailing since 1985.

I want to make my world around alone, but if I find good guys as crew it will be easier.
Now I'm on the way from Croatia to Canary.
https://www.facebook.com/12342495567...type=3&theater
waiting your answere
regards
Arpi
diosarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 19:42   #6

Such a great idea for a win/win if you can attract a good berth.

I might steal it for my own use. I am an experienced sailor of 5000 nm, but all of it coastal. I never did get completely offshore and in the end decided it wasnt likely for me to do as a skipper, i.e. responsible for everything and with an offshore boat. I have my own 30ft coastal cruiser that I have owned for 34 years and I am now selling it.

I would consider investing in a boat in exchange for a berth on a passage myself, ha ha, its a very pragmatic approach if you know anything about boats!
bcislandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 06:04   #7

We would love to join you. Let’s work at making this happen. My brother married a Hungarian woman.
I’d love a Hungarian friend.
What’s your direct email.
Cliff dow in maine
Old 05-08-2020, 08:11   #8

I called and left you a message, but I thought I'd respond here as well because I'm very interested in your offer. We are a young sailing family on a 53' boat. Here is a rough estimate for our plans. Late October head from southern California to the sea of Cortez Mexico, March/April depart Cabo San Lucas Mexico, headed to Hawaii, spend a few weeks in Hawaii, and then head to southeast Alaska. By fall be back in south California ready to head back to Mexico.

Your donation would be huge for us so we would be willing to cater to a plan that suits your fancy. We have thought about the possibility of leaving Mexico a little later and going straight from Cabo to southeast Alaska, not stopping in Hawaii.
Islander53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:45   #9

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 40 Voyagemaker Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneguy View Post
We live in Maine. We are wiling to donate $10,000 to your boat fund if you take us across either the pacific or Atlantic ocean. We seek to go on a 40 to 60 foot boat either monohull or catamaran.
I have a great deal of mechanical skills, I can sail, cook, clean, etc. I've been a financial advisor 31 years now - so I can help you with financial issues. we all know money makes boats float and airplanes fly!
we spent 50 plus hours in a captains class recently. I have been boating all my life mostly power boats. I've built boats and and an airplane. My son is awesome with electronics. If you think you might have room for us - let's chat. I have excellent references from my pilot friends. I've owned a piper super cub for about 12 years now - on youtube type in clifford dow and it will bring up some of my flying videos. My son and I are on a mission to buy our own boat and sail around the world. We rented a 41 footer in the BVI last winter for 9 days and had a blast. We proved to ourselves we can sail.
207-329-9468
SV Bella Sirena lying Puerto Vallarta MX seeking new voyage plan. If your father/son offer pans out with other options that responded to you let's chat. Captain Bryon
See FB page listed as Bella Sirena Voyage ... Bella is Pacific Seacraft 40 is bluewater seaworthy shape with late model B and G, water maker, etc.

Bella does not sail with Trump supporters, sorry but I am honest as day is long.
macdonaldbryon@gmail.com
DreamCatcher37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:46   #10

Boat: Beneteau 45

Hi there chaps !
My name is Dave from Cornwall, South West of England . I actually live in Germany at the moment but life has thrown a few rocks in my path lately so things are a changing !! I'm a 52 year old self employed cabinet maker that also has had a passion for sailing over the past 30 odd years !!
I could do with some help to sail up from Tortolla in the Caribbean to the US via Porta Rico,Dom Rep,Cuba,Bahamas and then over to Europe via Bermuda and the Azores by June or July 2021 on my 45 foot 2015 Beneteau Oceanis. The vessel has complete new instruments and electronic systems and a new Mast, rig and sails but has suffered from theft during storage after the 2017 Hurricane Irma. Accommodation is not luxurious just yet but as I am a master craftsman building furniture for Billionaires so I'll soon have it looking bling bling !!

I would be planning if things go well to leave the BVI's mid November and head towards the US, Weather and Covid will dictate of course how far we get before Christmas.!
Practical skills would also be beneficial ; ) so sounds like you might be just the right kinda guys!!
If you haven't found anything that suits your plans just yet and fancy the journey then don't hesitate in getting in touch ; )
Hope to hear from you soon,
Take Care
Kindest regards
Dave.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 15:07   #11

Boat: CL52

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneguy View Post
207-329-9468

So what did you decide?????
Captain Bligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 08:56   #12

Yes we are certainly interested. Tentatively we have been told we can join a solo sailor in the Canary Islands & sail to Brazil on October 13. We are hoping this will work. After that we could fly to you & travel with you. That would be awesome!
Cliff & travis dow
Maine USA
Old 29-08-2020, 20:30   #13

Boat: Norseman 400

[QUOTE=Islander53;3202007
We have thought about the possibility of leaving Mexico a little later and going straight from Cabo to southeast Alaska, not stopping in Hawaii.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no!

You will have a helluva time trying to go straight up the coast from Cabo to (Oregon or Washington or) Alaska!!!? Forgetaboutit. Do some research on the seasonal currents and traditional winds.
Sailor647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 21:12   #14

Boat: Owner built 60’ Aluminum Expedition Yacht.

Hi. I would call the USCG and write to any country you plan to visit.
In the USA, giving anything of value to the owner of a vessel makes you a passenger. Shared expenses, donation, gift=Passenger. Now you need a licensed captain with the correct endorsements...drug test, vessel with all required safety gear and in larger boats a certificate of inspection. Some foreign countries have specific requirements for SOLAS.
It can be a costly mistake to ignore maritime laws, here in the USA . Overseas, it’s their country and their rules and right now, everyone is under a lot of pressure about visitors.
Happy trails to you.
Mark, a Merchant Mariner and his manatee friends.
Manateeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 05:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
Hi there chaps !
My name is Dave from Cornwall, South West of England . I actually live in Germany at the moment but life has thrown a few rocks in my path lately so things are a changing !! I'm a 52 year old self employed cabinet maker that also has had a passion for sailing over the past 30 odd years !!
I could do with some help to sail up from Tortolla in the Caribbean to the US via Porta Rico,Dom Rep,Cuba,Bahamas and then over to Europe via Bermuda and the Azores by June or July 2021 on my 45 foot 2015 Beneteau Oceanis. The vessel has complete new instruments and electronic systems and a new Mast, rig and sails but has suffered from theft during storage after the 2017 Hurricane Irma. Accommodation is not luxurious just yet but as I am a master craftsman building furniture for Billionaires so I'll soon have it looking bling bling !!

I would be planning if things go well to leave the BVI's mid November and head towards the US, Weather and Covid will dictate of course how far we get before Christmas.!
Practical skills would also be beneficial ; ) so sounds like you might be just the right kinda guys!!
If you haven't found anything that suits your plans just yet and fancy the journey then don't hesitate in getting in touch ; )
Hope to hear from you soon,
Take Care
Kindest regards
Dave.
Hi david what’s your contact info
I’d like to chat further
Cliff dow
Cdowjr@yahoo.com
207-329-9468

Tags
passage