Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2020, 13:10   #16
FEC

Re: father/son seeking ocean passage (will donate $10,000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneguy View Post
We live in Maine. We are wiling to donate $10,000 to your boat fund if you take us across either the pacific or Atlantic ocean. We seek to go on a 40 to 60 foot boat either monohull or catamaran.
I have a great deal of mechanical skills, I can sail, cook, clean, etc. I've been a financial advisor 31 years now - so I can help you with financial issues. we all know money makes boats float and airplanes fly!
we spent 50 plus hours in a captains class recently. I have been boating all my life mostly power boats. I've built boats and and an airplane. My son is awesome with electronics. If you think you might have room for us - let's chat. I have excellent references from my pilot friends. I've owned a piper super cub for about 12 years now - on youtube type in clifford dow and it will bring up some of my flying videos. My son and I are on a mission to buy our own boat and sail around the world. We rented a 41 footer in the BVI last winter for 9 days and had a blast. We proved to ourselves we can sail.
Cliff Dow, new gloucester Maine USA
207-329-9468

Hello Cliff, just in case your options are still open, my wife and I have a 51ft Beneteau and we are in Herrington HArbour North in Tracy's Landing, MD. We plan to leave, weather permitting, NOV 15th on a journey to the Bahamas and Beyond. Our vessel has 3 staterooms and 3 heads, she's in great condition. It will be our first long voyage so we were thinking some help and advice along the way would be much desired. Anyhow, that's what we got going. We are actually joining a caravan of newly retired captains. They are not in a hurry to get anywhere and I know from our marina to Virginia will be through the ICW and then when we pass the outer banks, we will offshore the rest of the way. Once we get to Caribbean, we will decide if we should push on to Panama. Chew on this for a bit and let me know what you think.

Fred and Melody
S/V TLJ
...I'm going where the sun keeps shining through the pouring rain, going where the weather suits my close...Banking off of the northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze...and skipping over the ocean like a stone...
FEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 14:16   #17

Boat: Oyster 435

Is it me or are way too many people planning offshore passages in the fall and assuming that countries are going to open up (or still be open) to tourists again?
My boat is stuck at the bottom of Chile and I doubt I will see it until Spring of 2021 at best. Maybe Im reading a different news source....

Cliff: Make sure you do your own research if you plan to jump on a boat and sail across an ocean to another country. Sure, Brazil is open but you'd be crazy to try to go there in the fall... Argentina might be open by November but Chile (including Easter Island will not open until January at best). Money wont solve the issue of showing up to a country closed to foreigners (at least some countries anyway).
gpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 17:07   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Voyage, 500

We are planning on sailing out end of October from Wilmington, NC to St Thomas, USVI if you are interested. We have a 50 ft Cat that is fast and a breeze to sail. 8 days out.
Chris
lokityler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 17:09   #19
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Voyage, 500

Excellent advice!
lokityler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 23:01   #20

Boat: Beneteau 45

Hi Cliff
My contact details are

trevail.david@gmail.com

Mobil nr 0049 151 22618286

Look forward to chatting with you.
Kind Regards
Dave Trevail
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passage