Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2022, 10:10   #1

Boat: Gulf star 53 1974 Motor sailor
Experienced Captain wanted

Hi I am looking for a captain or experienced crew to help take my 50 Marine trader . From Chattanooga to Boca Raton Florida as soon as possible You must be able to drive and run the boat and have experience to help owner. Will be a fun trip Please call Robert Roth asap Phone Number is 561 445 1163 Expences and food paid for or negotiate price.

Thank you
Observation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2022, 11:27   #2

Re: Experienced Captain wanted

Hello Robert,

I am retired and a a USCG captain living in Merritt Island, FL. I have quite a bit of experience although not much in inland rivers (I assume that is at least part of the plan). I would be willing to talk, send you a short resume and may be able to help depending on your expected dates to make the move. I would be willing to do this for the adventure and experience. You pay food and expenses and I am good. Feel free to IM or call me (321-543-8144)
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2022, 11:51   #3

Boat: Gulf star 53 1974 Motor sailor

Hi Mike?
I am a friend of Roberts and have passed your details on to him. I was going to help him deliver the boat but I am stuck in UK right now. Hope you can sort something out between you. You can also call him on 561 445 1163. He's easy to work with.
Observation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:34   #4
Marine Service Provider

Good luck to those who respond on this one. He might return your phone calls. His email address is Bigmoney###@ aol.com but he thinks this will be a fast easy and fun trip. He really needs a qualified set of eye and ears to help him run the boat, navigate a busy waterway and many locks but he does not want to pay a reasonable wage--no big money there and good luck negotiating. He is very optimistic about the average speed, daily range and duration of such a trip.
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain, enc, wanted