Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 16:48   #1

Ensenada To La Paz And Further South

Hello Sailors,
Hoping to find two crew persons to sail down the coast of Baja and up to La Paz. I am planning staying in La Paz for one to two weeks before heading south along the Mexican coast for the winter. In late spring I'll be heading north into the Sea of Cortez for the summer months.
My boat is an Endeavour 37 sloop that I modified to a cutter. It is well equipped {chart plotter, radar, VHF with AIS, inReach, autopilot, wind vane, inflatable dinghy}.
I am 69 years old, retired, without much offshore experience (aside from sailing from San Francisco to Ensenada) although I sailed single handed for several years in the San Francisco Bay with the occasional outing and anchoring in Drakes Bay and Halfmoon Bay.
I am planning on leaving Ensenada around Jan. 10, if possible.
If you are interested please email pedro Dot petrouchka At gmail Dot com.
Thank you.
jeanpier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 09:04   #2

Re: Ensenada To La Paz And Further South

sent to your email...

Hi!

I'm quite interested in your sail plan. Have you left yet or can I catch you on the way? Do you still need crew?

I'm a small boat monohul owner in Canada hoping to buy in a year or so when I have a little more experience. I have a good understanding of sailing basics, have completed ASA 101 and happy to learn everything. I have sailed in NZ, Australia and passed from Panama to Cartagena in very rough waters (not getting sick although the rest of the boat did).

I'm a 42 year old canadian engineer (movie writer also), speak English and 70 % spanish and have travelled half of the world by motorbike, so I have a few stories. I also have 50 scuba dives and my rescue diver certification.

I am semi-retired working 3 months per year and have the next 3-4 months to get on some boats, hopefully yours!

Please let me know if there is an opportunity to sail with you in the next weeks.

Happy to provide references.

Thanks
Brad Cougle
+1 403 554 3668
bacougle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:46   #3

Re: Ensenada To La Paz And Further South

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanpier View Post
Hello Sailors,
Hoping to find two crew persons to sail down the coast of Baja and up to La Paz. I am planning staying in La Paz for one to two weeks before heading south along the Mexican coast for the winter. In late spring I'll be heading north into the Sea of Cortez for the summer months.
My boat is an Endeavour 37 sloop that I modified to a cutter. It is well equipped {chart plotter, radar, VHF with AIS, inReach, autopilot, wind vane, inflatable dinghy}.
I am 69 years old, retired, without much offshore experience (aside from sailing from San Francisco to Ensenada) although I sailed single handed for several years in the San Francisco Bay with the occasional outing and anchoring in Drakes Bay and Halfmoon Bay.
I am planning on leaving Ensenada around Jan. 10, if possible.
If you are interested please email pedro Dot petrouchka At gmail Dot com.
Thank you.
Next year?
stefnieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
la paz