Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2017, 03:52   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to yawstick
Daytona Fl to Oriental NC

I am very close to closing a deal on a Hunter 30 and looking for crew to move from Daytona Fl to Oriental NC... This would likely be around the 1st of April. Kind of testing the waters to see what sort of response I get. Boat is in excellent condition. I previously owned a Hunter 27 and experience is mostly coastal cruising Carolina Beach area of NC. Just looking for one person to assist in making this trip.
yawstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 04:34   #2

Boat: 1986 CS 30
Send a message via Yahoo to Hank Kivett
Re: Daytona Fl to Oriental NC

Are you planning on going inside or outside......
Hank Kivett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 05:07   #3

Will probably be a combination of both... depending on weather and crew
Old 20-01-2017, 05:17   #4

Boat: 1986 CS 30
Send a message via Yahoo to Hank Kivett

Not done outside mainly coastal NC again am interested....
Hank Kivett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 08:21   #5

Boat: Hunter, Passage 420, 42'

I'm based in Oriental (Pecan Grove) and own a 2003 Hunter 420. I am interested in crewing with you for this trip. PM me and I'll be happy to share my experience.

onewadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 08:55   #6

If still looking for crew, there's a local captain in Daytona who can sail with you ... check him out: https://www.facebook.com/HemingwaySailaway/

I sailed with him from Daytona to the Keys a few years ago ... Captain Ned is his name. He docks at Riverhouse and can sail your boat up with you.
CarolinaDelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 10:17   #7

Boat: Nauticat NC36 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawstick View Post
I am very close to closing a deal on a Hunter 30 and looking for crew to move from Daytona Fl to Oriental NC... This would likely be around the 1st of April. Kind of testing the waters to see what sort of response I get. Boat is in excellent condition. I previously owned a Hunter 27 and experience is mostly coastal cruising Carolina Beach area of NC. Just looking for one person to assist in making this trip.
My boat and I are currently in Titusville, FL and will probably be heading back to Oriental around the 1st of April. I will also be looking for one crew member for the trip.
If you would care to "buddy boat" we may be able to co-ordinate the trip. I will be going out Ponce Inlet, catching the Gulf Stream and staying on the outside all the way to Beaufort, NC depending on weather of course. I may also decide to make a stop for a couple of days in Charlston, SC.

Al, S/V Finlandia
Old 21-01-2017, 06:35   #8

Lots of good connections here... I like the buddy boat idea... I will add that this is not a done deal and I may throw my hat in the ring for crew with Al, S/V Finlandia. I plan to be in touch with most everyone here.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:33   #9

Boat: Catalina 400

We're in Oriental Harbor Marina, sailed our new-to-us C400 up from Miami last summer - a fine trip, and a stopover in Charleston for shrimp/grits is recommended.

May be able to crew with Yawstick or Finlandia in April/May.
Please PM if you still need any help.

Have fun!
SoundWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 23:49   #10

I am in Fort Pierce. I would be interested in crewing with you. It looks like you may have lots of choices, but pm me if interested.
Saylorroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 14:01   #11

Boat: Catalina MKII 34'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawstick View Post
Have done the trip from the Keys to Lake Ontario several times. Three years ago on the out side with a buddy. Two years ago in the Ditch single -handed.
I am a snowbird in Stuart Fl and would be willing to make the trip with you. Easy to get along with and no problem being crew.
Let me know.
svchances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 16:52   #12

Hello Skipper. I live in Merritt Island, not too far away and am a very experienced sailor - some 30+ years. I own a Colombia 29 here and have sailed ICW, coastal, Chesapeake, etc. I have no experience crewing offshore overnight. I am retired, probably available, and interested depending on your sailing itinerary. Propose that if interested we meet and see. Call Mike at 3-two-one-fi-fo-tree-8-1-fo-fo.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote