Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 10:49   #1

crewing for experience

I would like to offer my services as crew, to gain some (longer distance) sailing experience. I have minimal sailing experience, but I am currently crewing in a beer can keelboat racing crew. While it is good fun and I am learning quite a bit, I would like to learn what comes with longer sailing expeditions. I am enthusiastic, eager and willing to put in the work to learn, for one day I hope to have a boat of my own and sail away.

Myself: I am a 37 year old male, currently living in Canada and working in the film industry. Most of my life is landlocked, but I am always keen on spending time in or on the water. I am a PADI certified scuba diver, quite easy going and I take up very little space. I am also into photography and anything musical. Though, I am not so mechanically inclined, I do think of myself as a problem solver. I enjoy camping, off the grid living, putting myself in uncomfortable positions and embrace foul weather.

Ideally, I am looking to crew on a sailboat anywhere between the months of November - March and would be able to make the journey out to most places for the experience (hopefully somewhere warm as I am trying to run away from our Canadian winters).

Hope this offer resonates with any potential Skippers!
avi_normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 10:03   #2

Boat: Ericson 39
Re: crewing for experience

Hi fellow Canadian,
I have a 1971 Ericson 39, currently in Hancock Harbor NJ just off Delaware Bay.
I want to sail to Florida first then through the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos to Dominican Republic.
I'm hoping to leave late October or Early November.
The boat is very seaworthy but not fancy.
I sailed her here with a friend from Greenport N.Y.
I'm 52 and easy to get along with.
I'm studying for my OUPV Captain's licence and expect to have passed the test by Sept 7.
I have room for one or two other easy going people who want to share an adventure.
I don't need someone with a lot of experience but a willingness to learn is essential.
Contact me if you're interested.
305-998-8442
WesHeald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crewing, enc