Join CruisersForum Today

View Poll Results: Are you male or female
Male 4 80.00%
Female 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2020, 20:19   #1

Crew Wanted - Los Angeles to Caribbean

I have just returned (January 3rd) from a 22 month, 15,000 nm cruise from Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles) to French Polynesia, then Hawaii, to Seattle and then back to Los Angeles. My boat is a 2017 Beneteau Oceanis 45, fully outfitted for water sailing">blue water sailing.

I am now preparing to leave Marina Del Rey about mid-February for the Caribbean. Much work to be done first: a) new bottom, b) new running rigging, c) all new standard sails, plus a new furling Gennaker, d) addition of Dometic air conditioning systems (3) and e) servicing every other system on the boat, including the water maker, engine, autopilot, and generator. When we depart the boat will be as ready as is possible for crossing oceans, even though I am planning a port-to-port, relaxing cruise to the Caribbean, which should take about four months.

I would like one crewperson to join me for the entire four-months, although I will have an occasional family member, friend or colleague join us for up to a week. I would prefer someone who likes/can cook. Sailing experience is helpful, but need not be extensive. Most of the sailing will be day sailing with an occasional night or two at sea for longer passages between islands

Please let me know if you are interested so that we can talk and then get together for lunch or dinner if you are close enough to come to Marina Del Rey. If you are a woman, I can supply personal references from friends and colleagues of my daughters who have worked with me for years. I am always smiling, happy and looking for the best (most of the time. smile

All cruise costs are covered. I would generally prefer to share food and drink costs. All other costs (except your airfares to Los Angeles and return(s) to your home.

If you would like a mellow, beautiful adventure, give me a call.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	360.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	440.5 KB
ID:	207198   Click image for larger version

Name:	175.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	463.2 KB
ID:	207199  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	207200  

richardlittle45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 18:01   #2

Re: Crew Wanted - Los Angeles to Caribbean

How long do you estimate this will take? I'm going to be spending Mar & Apr in Europe, hopefully sailing on the Med. After I come back, I could join you for part of the route in case you can't find someone who can join you for the entire trip.

PvilleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 22:17   #3

It is possible to need someone from Costa Rica, through the Canal and then on to the Dutch Islands, ending in Curacao. I will leave it to you reach out to me at that time.
richardlittle45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 23:58   #4

Fair enough. I'll leave myself a reminder.
PvilleBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, crew, crew wanted, rib, wanted