Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2021, 06:51   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Crew Wanted for Beneteau 50’ Departing USVI for Panama Canal July 1st

Crew Wanted for Beneteau 50’ Departing USVI for Panama Canal July 1st

(The Passage) I am looking for volunteer crew with an opportunity to have their expenses paid by me on this delivery starting in Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands on or around July 1st and is approximately 1,000 nautical miles of most likely non-stop, down-wind, offshore sailing. Our destination is Shelter Bay Marina at the Atlantic/Caribbean entrance to the Panama Canal. Our exact departure date and progress will be coordinated with and monitored by our professional weather router. Part B of this delivery, which may be an option for crew, will continue through the canal and up the West coast to San Diego in November after hurricane season.

(The Boat) Is a 2008 Beneteau 50’ which recently received a $100K+ refit in the last year followed by a very recent (3 months ago) survey which will be made available to crew. She has received new life-lines, rigging and sails, awnings and dodger, new electronics, batteries, and solar. A new dinghy and the Yanmar engine and Onan generator were both overhauled. New through-hulls and bilge pumps, plus MUCH more. She is equipped with all the standard offshore safety equipment such as Epirbs, flares, life jackets, new 8-man life raft, sat phone, and much more.

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop and since completed over 50,000 nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. I teach underway. My sailing resume and contact info is available by clicking on my CruisersForum Profile “ About me” page.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am seeking volunteer crew. This is not a paid position nor would you have to pay anything. There will likely be three or four of us on board in total. On-board food and passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner in addition to travel-related expense available to those with a reasonable amount of sailing experience. Flights would be in to Saint Thomas and then later out of Panama City, Panama upon completion. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch as required, usually on a rotational basis both day and night, helping with navigating, collision avoidance, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to gain sea-miles and especially for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of a well-qualified captain underway. What you don’t know you will be taught.

(Instructions for the applicants) Please feel free to comment below but also send me a private message or email including your phone number and any other contact info. Let me know why you would like to take this trip and if you have you been vaccinated. Tell me about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills you possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to fully vaccinated people with at least some offshore experience. You should be available to arrive in Saint Thomas on or around June 29th and have an open schedule for the following 2 weeks.

(NOTE) : I will likely be offshore on another delivery June 15 through June 25 and may still be confirming crew while offshore. If you are trying to contact or communicate with me during that time Please be sure to copy your message with no attachments or photos to my offshore comms / email or my inreach, available on my profile page. Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ACtual pic of wicked good.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	240059  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2021, 08:00   #2

Boat: mainship 390 - 39'
Re: Crew Wanted for Beneteau 50’ Departing USVI for Panama Canal July 1st

if you haven't assembled your crew; please give me consideration. i have any years of boating experience - in Charleston, SC. limited off-shore sailing time, but am comfortable on the water. excellent health. I own a Mainship 390, (for sale - act quickly!) Navy vet - drove a minesweeper. not vaccinated / have taken 3 tests / all negaagive / current passport / been to Panama twice / not a bad cook / what else?
regards,
timc
843 991 7524
tim.carswell@comcast.net
timjamesisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2021, 08:02   #3

Boat: mainship 390 - 39'

MANY years -
timjamesisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2021, 11:59   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1

Thought I emailed you
?? ? ??
How long is the trip
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 09:12   #5

Hello, Id like to talk to you about joining your crew. I'm a experienced blue water skipper. Thanks for getting in touch. Dickie 7609081664.
DickieHaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 06:39   #6

Hi Kirk - I emailed you yesterday. Thanks!
sailingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 11:51   #7

Hi Luis Salinas, Retired Airline Pilot, 69 years old en excellent heath, speaks English, and Spanish.
Respectfully
LMS
Cell in USA 7708150042
papacero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 01:44   #8

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.

UPDATE: All crew positioned have been filled. Thank you everyone for the response and I truly apologize for not getting back to everyone sooner but I have been offshore until now. This same boat will likely transit through the Panama Canal and up to San Diego in November and I will post another crew advert when we start prepping for that trip. Thanks. -Kirk
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 02:53   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1

Kirk
Hi my name is Marian I believe I contacted you before. I would be interested in going to Panama but more interested on going through the Panama Canal and up to Mexico my email is hav2befree@ yahoo.com
My no. 347 251 9628
I believe I have contacted you before
Be happy,
Marian
I will send CV by email cannot navigate in this site. Have sailed St. Thomas to L.I.
3 times blue water on 75 Hylas. I never get sea sick on the boat...
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, canal, crew, crew wanted, Panama, Panama Canal, wanted