Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2021, 16:58   #1

Boat: Sail Club member sailing Other Peoples Boats. Catalina 27/Hunter 28.5
Crew Wanted Day Sailing Puget Sound

Greetings,

A newly minted ASA 103 newbie here, learning at Puget Sound Sailing Institute and looking for folks interested in progressing their sailing skills and techniques. My prior experience was with an 18' center board dingy in the Great Lakes region many a decade ago, a little bit of crewing the Seattle Duck Dodge and currently re-newing my interest in sailing.

The boats listed on my profile are the ones I've been checked out on so far as a Club Member which gives me permission to take them out and invite guests. I am not proficient enough yet to single hand either of these sailboats and looking to invite others to day sail with me as an all position crew member, rotating the various demands of sailing, always within comfort level and safety demands. The emphasis is on learning and having some fun.

The boats are at the Tyee Marina in Tacoma, WA sailing Commencement Bay, Brown's Pt. and the local waters. Plan to get checked out with a couple of other vessels in Des Moines and a Capri 22 in Seattle by the end of the year.

Your experience is welcome- I'm an avid learner- but not a requirement. Curious beginners with a modicum of agility and common sense are more than welcome. The sailing we'll be doing is very basic and the few procedures you'll be learning the first time out can be handled easily.

Semi retired and self employed my schedule is very flexible. The reservations tend to fill up more on the w/ends so weekday sails are more easily reserved. Winds tend to be light in the area but if they pick up they usually do so by mid afternoon, so a 1500 Hr-1900 Hr is a good general timeframe, but again, I'm flexible. As the season progresses return to port will have us in before sundown.

For the record- I just don't do Facebook or Social Media. You can PM, or use the email on my profile so I can get you my phone contact to get connected.

Look forward to sailing with you.

Jim
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2021, 23:12   #2

Re: Crew Wanted Day Sailing Puget Sound

Sounds fun! I have a hunter 27 in swantown I’ve been learning on. Not sure how to pm but let me know for summer or spring. Weekends work best for me
Nicoantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 16:30   #3

Re: Crew Wanted Day Sailing Puget Sound

Sent PM
KenAlbright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, day sailing, puget sound, sail, sailing, wanted