Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2017, 19:18   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420 42 feet
Crew Member Wanted for Salty Dawg Rally- Hampton, Va to Antigua

We will be participating in the Salty Dawg Rally from Hampton, Virginia to Antigua. Our departure date is November 2, 2017. Our vessel is a 2010 42-foot Lagoon Catamaran. She is well equipped, well maintained, well stocked and ready for this passage. With a hard top bimini, solar panels, wind generator, stereo, televisions, movie projector, 2 refrigerators, a freezer, all navionics and communications equipment for phone/data/text this vessel is also very comfortable. We planned on a crew of 4 but one person has dropped out because of a family emergency. There is a great deal of bluewater experience between the three crew members but we would like a forth person to assist us with sailing and watches. Ideally I prefer a crew member with water sailing">blue water sailing experience on a catamaran but an experienced open water sailor with monhaul experience would be just as welcome. Please feel free to call me at 757.422.8808 or email me at brdwlkrlty@aol.com Thank you in advance for reading this.. John
johnnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 17:17   #2

Re: Crew Member Wanted for Salty Dawg Rally- Hampton, Va to Antigua

Sounds interesting, Im 59 in great shape, have sailed off and on over forty years sailing mono hulls growing up in Galveston Texas but moved to Dallas and now only island hop out of Tortola. Longest crossing ive done is an 8 day across the Gulf of Mexico in 40 ft 53 yr old wooden mono hull. If you dont find someone I would consider crewing, I have sailed on smaller catamarans but never sailed a Catamaran. John Lugenheim jrlugenheim@gmail.com
Delichio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Antigua, crew, member, salt, wanted