Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2016, 22:55   #16

Boat: Leopard 38
Re: Crew Available - Single Female

Hi there. Alex here, owner of a Leopard 38, both here in St.Martin right now. Im looking for a sailor to head either South during January or to Cuba.
If you are interested in more, Let's Chat via facebooks Messenger.
You can find me as Alex K.
Otherwise, happy New Year.
ak5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 01:48   #17

Boat: Currently in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Nice pics, Suzanne

(Must say, you don't look 53 )
True to her word she is a fit 53, and agreed she doesn't look 53!
Old 27-12-2016, 12:28   #18

Looks like you found a good ride! Good luck!
Rev Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:14   #19

Just wondering..Have you found the right "boat" yet. In may experience..Lots to pick from. Few are exactly the right fit. Retro fitting hardly works in the long run...Capt Bill (still searching). bt7747@yahoo.com
Bill tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 14:18   #20

I sail south from N.S. along the US coast to the Bahamas every year, visiting friends in five locations on the way, and arriving in the Bahamas in early January. I moor my 38 foot Hughes sailboat in Marsh Harbor, Abacos until the end of March, then head north again to arrive in N.S. in May.
I could use a crew member to share helm duties, etc., and learn sailing and navigation. I am retired, so life aboard is not too extravagant, but enjoyable all the same. Let me know if you are interested.
sailorlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 06:53   #21

Boat: Morgan 383 1982

Hello, my name is Charlie I'm 66 single living on my 38ft Morgan in Daytona looking for someone to help me sail my boat up and down the coast of Florida until I get some experience sailing, retired merchant marine, been on ships all my life,this is my first sailboat, let me know if you would like to sail.
Freedomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 03:24   #22

Boat: Morgan 383 1982

Hello I'm charlie located in Daytona beach fl, have a 1982 383 morgan that I live on looking for a crew to help me learn to sail,just up and down fl coast at first,thanks
Freedomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 06:41   #23

Hi im in the chesapeake . My crew has not shown up to sail to Florida. The boat is ready. Contact me if you’re up for the trip. Thank you.
Sincerely, Ck
Dauntless244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 07:06   #24

The OP's post was over 3 years ago.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 08:28   #25

Boat: Mason 44

Err think we just missed the boat
ericoh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:43   #26

Hi Suzanne, I have a 38’ Jaguar cat in KeyWest. Going ??? after the holidays but be advised that I have a cat. Thanks larry
zbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:57   #27
cruiser

Do not wont to offend any of you or sound rude but I can not understand that you can not find "crew", I would not say GIRL, in your home towns or wherever boat is.

I am 63 and every time (most of the time) when I go solo sailing I can not get rid of of girls and women in their 30s, 40s that wont/ wish to go sailing with me and I just have 7 years old Cornish crabber 30, nothing special.

Last year I went solo from Benodet to La Coruna, some how, someone find out that and day before I went across Biscay I had 5 girls chasing me all over Benodet asking do I need "crew". And same was all the way to Corsica. In every port, marina I stopped I had girls approaching me about "crew positions"

So really I would like to know what is your problem, Is it that just case in America, problem to find female "companion" or there is something else.
kantafig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:19   #28

Well I replied to every single sailor in the classifieds looking to crew. What else can i do? I have a crew, they are just busy working and i see an opportunity to sail now. Are you offering go crew or just busting my chops?
Im married so i do know what that companionship remark was about. Its a little much, i guess thats why im picky about who goes on a tiny boat in the ocean with me.
Ck
Dauntless244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 15:09   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne Mathieu View Post
Hello...

My name is Suzanne, SeaGypsySuz on Instagram. I just recently left a boat 46ft sailing vessel in La Paz. I crewed and cooked the whole 2,000 miles, from Berkeley to La Paz- with many fun stops. Many overnight sails and night watches. I wanted to stay longer but things did not work out with that particular (romantic) situation.

Now, I hope to find a crew position, perhaps out of Florida. I want to get back out on that water.

I'm a young, attractive 53 athletic woman. I'm fit, pretty strong but still a novice sailor, however. I want to learn more on my trip with you. I really love the simple, back to basics lifestyle of provisioning, making due with what you have, etc. I love mixing with other cultures, spreading kindness and respect, whenever possible.

I am now in the process of moving my possessions from the Bay Area to FL. Ready to hop back on a boat soon, however, from either coast.

SeaGypsySuz, Out
My name is Albert. I am 57 male . I will be sailing with
Vern a world war 2 veteran on his 43 foot beneteau sailboat. the boat is currently in Grenada. we will sail north as far perhaps to guadeloupe . stopping at various ports in between and the back towards trinidad. Leaving beginning early January finish in april email albertvan007@yahoo.com or vern at skipsalty@gmail.com if interested
albertvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 11:05   #30

I’m in Key West on a 38’ catamaran and haven’t made up my mind on where yet.
zbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew available, single