Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2017, 11:16   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
Cowes to Copenhagen; Copenhagen to Finland

We depart on 9 May for our fourth annual Baltic cruise. There is room for one more good sailor on the first leg -- Cowes to Copenhagen via Helgoland and the Kiel Canal, taking about 10 days, and two for the Copenhagen-Finland leg. Normally we sail non-stop to Helgoland, about three days and nights, then day sail from there through the Kiel Canal and on to Copenhagen.

We will stay in Copenhagen for about a week, then continue towards the other end of the Baltic, starting about 21st of May and arriving about 9 June.

This trip includes full transits of both the North Sea and the Baltic Sea and will combine longer passages of 2 - 3 days each with some lazy cruising. This part -- unlike the way back in August, which is a hard bash upwind! -- is mostly broad reaching downwind with the prevailing wind.

It is possible to join either for the whole trip, or for one of the two legs.

Interested parties should reply by PM.
Dockhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 23:52   #2

Boat: Tartan 27
Re: Cowes to Copenhagen; Copenhagen to Finland

I did the first leg of this trip (Cowes to Copenhagen) last year and can highly recommend it.

The captain is a skilled sailor, easy-going and very knowledgeable about the waters we sailed (Solent, English Channel, North Sea, Kiel Canal, Black Sea), and the ports we visited (Helgoland, Stubbenkobbing, Cuxhaven, Kiel and Copenhagen). The boat is comfortable, well-equipped and safe.

This is not a delivery. This will be an un-rushed trip you won't soon forget!

I have over 25,000 nm crewing experience. Sailing on this boat with this captain in these waters ranks up there as one of the better experiences I've had.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss my experience on this trip.

We stayed for a while in Copenhagen. Attached is a travel sketch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copenhagen travel sketch.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	145530  
Sailor Greg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Finland