Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2022, 18:42   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Competent Master Available for Deliveries

Greetings!

I am currently committed through about November 1, but booking jobs beginning then. Following is a little about me.

Covid- I have had both doses of Moderna, plus a booster, and restrict my deliveries to inoculated customers and crew. The worst thing to happen is to be in the middle of nowhere and have someone with serious symptoms. This is not a political statement it is simply one of the rules on boats where I am master.

Qualifications- I am a 100 Ton USCG Master, Sailing Endorsement, ASA Instructor and am a contributing author to Practical Sailor, having had 5 articles published. As Master, I have delivered boats from Panama/Grenada to Boston to Gibraltar, as well as many, many ports in-between on vessels ranging from a PSC Flicka to a 64 Jeanneau and cats to 54’. You can also check the tracking link on my website to verify where I have taken yachts.

About your delivery- Underway, the safety of the crew and vessel are always the #1 priority. We rig jack lines before departing and most nights the watch-keeper is required to clip in. Owners are always welcome to crew their deliveries. Once we reach our destination, additional training can be arranged.

For offshore deliveries I carry an Iridium GO and download weather twice a day through Luck Grib and PredictWind Pro routing software that uses your vessels sailing and motoring polars to route your vessel as safely and efficiently as possible. More importantly, it allows us to avoid high winds and seas to avoid damage along the way.

Tracking- All deliveries can be tracked through my Garmin inReach. If you are not aboard, you always know where your vessel is!

How to learn more- Please contact me through my profile, or through the link to my website appears there. Feel free to check my website and some of my posts here to understand a little more about me and to understand how your boat will be treated.

I will have intermittent internet service 8/23 to about 9/1 during a west coast of US delivery and begining about 10/1 I will be doing Cadiz to Nanny Key. Please use the contact form on my website, there is a link to my messaging system in the auto-response.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 18:55   #2

Boat: Other People’s Boats
Re: Competent Master Available for Deliveries

I had the very good fortune to crew for Bill once earlier this year. I’m a novice, but anyone should be confident their boat and crew are in extremely capable hands when he is making a delivery for you. He’s top notch.
CarolinaChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2022, 15:16   #3

Hello Chris
I have just purchased a Nauticat 525 in Vietnam. If you know the Nauticat name, they are very competent sailboats meant for crossing oceans. 1600 li water 1600 li fuel. Perkins M150Ti, water maker. Plan to bring to Prince Rupert BC Canada start May 1st 2023. Vietnam, Tokyo, Aleutian Islands, PrinceRupert BC. If available please state your charges. Plenty of crew, experienced racers around Vancouver island.
Doug
Nauticat 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2022, 17:44   #4
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticat 40 View Post
Hello Chris
I have just purchased a Nauticat 525 in Vietnam. If you know the Nauticat name, they are very competent sailboats meant for crossing oceans. 1600 li water 1600 li fuel. Perkins M150Ti, water maker. Plan to bring to Prince Rupert BC Canada start May 1st 2023. Vietnam, Tokyo, Aleutian Islands, PrinceRupert BC. If available please state your charges. Plenty of crew, experienced racers around Vancouver island.
Doug
Doug,

Chris is a gentleman who crewed for me-- great guy! But it looks like you are looking for a delivery captain- that's me..Bill

Will contact you directly, back channel. Or contact me through my website- link is in my profile.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 29-10-2022, 12:18   #5
Marine Service Provider

Well, I'm sitting in Nanny Cay after bringing a brand new Elba 45 transatlantic from Cadiz. Challenging ride on a very solidly built vessel.

Give me a week or two at home with wifey, and I am ready for some coastal deliveries, or another transAt in a few months.

"I delivered another catamaran and I think I liked it!". Seriously, after taking a cat across, I've learned to master the offshore peculiarities of the design and know how to leverage them into assets. Of course as a monohull boat owner, I do those also....

Please let me know how I can be of service.

Tags
mast