Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-04-2022, 07:48   #271

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,
Re: Checklist For Voluntary Crew

For volunteer crew looking for a boat

This forum is an excellent source of information for those looking into a particular add requesting a crew.

When I want a crew (most times prefer a female crew), I direct the interested person to my postings record.

I think we have a history and record on areas of interest, how we think, even political positions after the lengthy Covid ordeal.

For female crew, I direct them to the threads listed below to provide a baseline of what should be important as a female crew, also have a list of questions been asked to me from prospective candidates on what they thought important to them and will attach them to their inquires.

I have been very satisfied with my crew choices and developed nice, long-lasting relationships continuing over time.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ew-105914.html

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...se-241075.html

For Professional crew.

Again, this forum has members providing those services and checking their postings gives me a clear picture of who may or not be a good fit.
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2023, 14:26   #272

Boat: S&S 52

You know I should not laugh at this, but I am. Sadly all the questions are really good questions and ones that a lot of people do not think of. Saddly I do know people that go off shore without a life raft or flares.
Boots and Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 14:52   #273

taking care of your boat went you are away

Well I want to stay on a boat for some time if you need to be away. i can do some work like varnish and sandblasting
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 15:48   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Funny I am vetting a crew right now. They usually sound excellent on the net, but this is something that is best done face to face. I think they need to sail briefly too. A passage is no time to meet someone for the first time.
Great post, I really like the way your experience shows with the rational decisive way you list your way to observe, and not be bias. Sounds like I could only be fortunate enough to ever crew a vessel with that type of calm. well said mate.
Solafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 19:16   #275

I am looking for a licensed delivery captain in/near St. Augustine to help move a boat on April 15th and again late April or early May. Please PM me to discuss details. Thx.
sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, paracelle