Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2020, 15:15   #1

Boat: Amel
Captain and or very experienced FM

I posted this earlier and decided that frankly it was lacking a lot of details so here we go and hope this works better.

At the present I am fortunate to be easing out of corporate life and on to a dream a long time coming, that is sailing with a ultimate destination or time frame. A dream that my father started but never was able to accomplish now it's my turn. divorced son gone so I am free.

I transitioned from power to sail five years ago in preparation for my adventure, growing up on the Chesapeake Bay sailing was always there so I am no novice however I do know that while I most likely could it's better to have experienced bluewater sailors on board with me. Hence this posting.

Boat, have decided to donate my existing boat to a charity and in the process of a new build, 60 foot three cabin layout. Will leave the make for more direct inquires as she is semi custom.

Plan, sail from the east coast south, through the canal and across the Pacific.

thanks for reading hope this helps
ghostrider5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 16:29   #2

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Captain and or very experienced FM

Hi Ghostrider5408
New boat ,nice , is she an Amel 60 ? i do like Amels . Your up coming adventure is a good one , i have sailed from Colon Panama through the south pacific islands to New Zealand , Australia , and up to Thailand . I am a 56 year old Aussie .
If you were to post on your public profile your plans and how there advancing that would be good , this covid 19 is playing havoc with travel plans .

Cheers

Jimmy
HVYJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 07:31   #3
Freelance Sailboat Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Good Morning... is this a paid position?
BVIbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 08:46   #4

Hello I also grew up on the Chesapeake. Since then have lived all over the planet.
I am a licensed 3000 ton Master with a 100 ton Sailing endorsement (oceans).
I believe your plan is a good one. Would recommend sailing south to Florida after hurricane season. Don't know what covid 19 is up to but you certainly can head in the right direction. The Bahamas/Caribbean is a great place for cruising but is time consuming if you are going to the Pacific. How many people are making the trip and how much time do plan to stay in the Pacific.
PS I do not recommend Hawaii!
Cheers Al
hottuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain, enc