Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2019, 09:04   #1

Boat: Lagoon 410
Canaries to St Lucia in January 2020

My wife and I are looking for 2 or 3 crew to join us on our Lagoon 410 for a transatlantic crossing in January 2020. The plan is to depart from the Canary Islands about Jan 8 and head south to Cape Verde, then across to St Lucia. We are expecting about 3 weeks at sea between the two legs.
Our boat is an offshore cruising catamaran set up with generator, watermaker, 5 sails, in date liferaft, satellite com's etc.... We have two cabins available. We would cover all expenses for the passage, all you need to do is get yourself to and from the boat.
I am 53, and have been sailing for almost 30 years, but it has all been coastal cruising. This would be our first ocean crossing, so I want at least one of the crew to have prior experience in an ocean crossing. My approach to sailing has always been on the conservative side, and my approach to people has always been casual and easygoing. My wife in addition to sailing, is also an excellent cook, so we can expect to eat very well.
We are also looking for crew for the Spain to Canary Island's run, but that will be early in December with a 3 week break going back home to Canada before we return to the Canaries to begin the crossing in January. I look forward to hearing from you.
Scott.Huckerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:48   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot / Venezia 42
Re: Canaries to St Lucia in January 2020

I sent you PM
scargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 14:13   #3
cruiser

When you will be in Spain let me know.
Malfoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 10:19   #4

i sent you pm
marinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 07:49   #5

Hey
I am an 18 year old student from germany. I just finished school and now I am taking a gap year to do some fun stuff. I just recently got in touch with sailing while doing a little trip around the azores. I was living on a boat for about a month and we sailed to 3 different islands with only 2 people on board. So I already did night watches and loads of other stuff alone. Besides I am tempted to say that I learn pretty fast. Please don't be repelled by my young age. People tend to think that 18 year olds are not able to be sensible.
If you still need a crew member i'd be happy ro hear from you

Greetings

Matthias
MatthiasStaritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 17:39   #6

I am available to serve as crew, say, as a mate, on your passage from the Canaries to St. Lucia this coming January. Please see sailing resume attached for my qualifications, capabilities, references, and contact information. As a rule I come with my own PC-based navigation capability, to back up whatever system you use.

Best of luck, whomever you choose; and

Kindest regards,

Richard H. Lambertsen, Ph.D., V.M.D.
Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 12:50   #7

Hi Scott,

I’d love to take part in some of your trip or in future.
I’m just on my phone having some lunch looking over the site and felt I should message you right away.

I have mostly coastal experience /racing with a short jaunt through the Philippine sea that I cut short.

Not great typing out too much on my phone.
Please email if you are interested in talking further.

Cheers
Andrew Teufel
andyteuf@yahoo.ca
camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 13:03   #8

Boat: Malö 40H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
I am available to serve as crew, say, as a mate, on your passage from the Canaries to St. Lucia this coming January. Please see sailing resume attached for my qualifications, capabilities, references, and contact information. As a rule I come with my own PC-based navigation capability, to back up whatever system you use.

Best of luck, whomever you choose; and

Kindest regards,

Richard H. Lambertsen, Ph.D., V.M.D.
Holy Molly, you are an identity thief's wet dream.. do yourself a favor my friend, delete this post and send your resume as a PM...
crankysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 13:10   #9

[QUOTE=camper;2976737]Hi Scott,

I’d love to take part in some of your trip or in future.
I’m just on my phone having some lunch looking over the site and felt I should message you right away.

I have mostly coastal experience /racing with a short jaunt through the Philippine sea that I cut short.

Not great typing out too much on my phone.
Please email if you are interested in talking further.

Cheers
Andrew Teufel
camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:49   #10

Boat: Catalina 375

I sent a PM re trip.
Ardbeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 17:01   #11

Hi, my wife and I are interested in the Spain to Canaries leg if it could work. We are from Calgary, early 40’s and have been to both ends of the trip before. We own our own boat, are ASA certified (101,103,104,114,118,119), have travelled extensively and are looking to build skills. To be clear, we have not done a passage so understand if you are looking for more experience or qualifications. Anyway, let me know if you are interested. We’re happy to throw in for provisions and whatever else you might need.

Cliff
Supernova4646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 19:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.Huckerby View Post
My wife and I are looking for 2 or 3 crew to join us on our Lagoon 410 for a transatlantic crossing in January 2020. The plan is to depart from the Canary Islands about Jan 8 and head south to Cape Verde, then across to St Lucia. We are expecting about 3 weeks at sea between the two legs.
Our boat is an offshore cruising catamaran set up with generator, watermaker, 5 sails, in date liferaft, satellite com's etc.... We have two cabins available. We would cover all expenses for the passage, all you need to do is get yourself to and from the boat.
I am 53, and have been sailing for almost 30 years, but it has all been coastal cruising. This would be our first ocean crossing, so I want at least one of the crew to have prior experience in an ocean crossing. My approach to sailing has always been on the conservative side, and my approach to people has always been casual and easygoing. My wife in addition to sailing, is also an excellent cook, so we can expect to eat very well.
We are also looking for crew for the Spain to Canary Island's run, but that will be early in December with a 3 week break going back home to Canada before we return to the Canaries to begin the crossing in January. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello my girlfriend and I would be interested in taking part in the trip to st Lucia. We are located in Canada and could me up possibility if you are close to Toronto and return with you to the canaries for the sail. We have basic experience sailing but are not lazy and eager to learn. Neither get seasick and have done sailing in the Great Lakes and looking to upgrade our skills. Hope to hear from you. Cheers. Jordan.
Jordanpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:34   #13

Boat: Norseman 447, 45 feet

I just sent you a PM
Maajhi Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 08:04   #14
cruiser

if this is still available, i would love to join
filipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 17:29   #15