Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 07:39   #1

BVIs 12/10-12/19, couple wanted

We've chartered a DuFour out of Dream Yacht with a sleep over on 12/10, leaving the dock 12/11 and returning boat on 12/19. Our regular traveling friends are unable to join us on this trip, therefore we are *considering* adding another couple. I say "considering', because we have not decided 100% for sure.

Us: We are couple in our late 50s, non-smokers, very light drinkers. We've have chartered in the BVIs before. We are laid back (and wish Willy-T's hadn't set up in Great Harbour on Peter Island http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...lies/smile.gif). I am a diver, my wife seldom even likes to snorkle. But we both like the water and enjoy just floating away the hours moored up and tied to the stern. We like to travel. We are, what I would consider early-intermediate sailors - especially compared to so many of those on this forum. The last day of our trip is our 37th anniversary.

Plan: We will arrive in St Thomas on the afternoon of 12/10 and take a water taxi to DYC. We will provision via land taxi that evening. We have no specific sail plan, although we'd like to go to Anegada if weather permits. We expect to have most meals on the boat and to sail (not motor) to different spots. We will probably arrive back at DYC on the evening of 12/18 to check out 12/19 and water taxi back to St Thomas. We are flexible on where to go and when.

Boat: The boat is Walk on the Moon, Dufour 412 GL Liberty. It is three cabins and two heads. We will be in the main cabin. The boat has shore-power AC. Depending on the temps and wind, we may take a slip most evenings.

What we're looking for: A married couple in 40s-60s similar to us, non-smokers, light drinkers. Divers welcome. Share in boat duties of cooking/cleaning. The more sailing experience the better. Cabin price is $1,000 and share in expenses. Would like to share the water taxi both ways.

If you're interested, PM me.

Thanks
leboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:31   #2

Boat: 1980 Tanzer sailboat 26ft
Re: BVIs 12/10-12/19, couple wanted

Darn, that sounds perfect for hubby and I if only it was in 2019. Hubby only has 3 days left of holidays.
We've been looking at similar charters for Jan. and Feb.
Enjoy your journey. Would love to hear what you thought of it after-the-fact.
Cheers!
Cindy
OdieNCici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 20:12   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to videotom

I could be interested. Take a look at my info, and let me know if you;d like to discuss.

Tom
Thomas Strodel: Sailing Resume
videotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:57   #4

Sorry that I forgot to update the listing. We have found a couple and are looking forward to the trip.
leboyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BVI, wanted