Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2020, 18:46   #1

Boat Sitting

Yes...another one of "those" posts. But I figured I would throw it out there and see if there is any interest. MODS - If this is the wrong forum for this...please feel free to move it.

I am a middle aged college professor stuck at home teaching virtually. Darn Covid has colleges locked down here in Michigan. I am looking to boat sit anywhere in the world where it is above 70 degrees I have Jan, Feb, March, and April wide open. All I need is an internet connection and a place to sleep.

I have owned a Cape Dory 26 for over 10 years and know my way around a boat. I have sailed Florida, Cuba, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. I am very capable at doing general upkeep and maintenance. Not looking to sail or cruise as that would take me away from the much needed internet connection. Just looking for a place to sleep at night and work on grading during the day.

If anyone is in need of a sitter I would be happy to discuss this further with you. I have plenty of references, clean record, non smoker, non drug user, non drinker. I am just an old dude who loves sleeping on the water.

Thanks much.

JEFE
JefeCubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 21:52   #2

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Boat Sitting

Just a bump here to hope you find something Jefe. I've been house sitting for many years now in my off season. During this current Covid-Catastrophe the off season has been my whole season. Sits are harder to find, and it seems there is more competition for them, but I've been pretty successful so far. Am currently on my fourth one this year, and have most of the winter covered off.

However, I've never boat-sat yet. So I'm always interested to see if there are any opportunities like this.
Old 21-10-2020, 11:11   #3

Thanks Mike. Happy house sitting
Old 28-10-2020, 22:06   #4

I got a message explaining that I might find more interest if I amended my posting. Instead of "boat sitting" in a traditional sense, I should offer to pay dock fees for the allotted time. Sounds good to me. If there is any interest please shoot me a message. As I mentioned, I have January to April wide open. I prefer a month minimum, but am open to whatever gets me away from another Michigan winter

Thanks much!!

Tags
boat