Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2017, 19:11   #1

Boat sit and care of

one person to boat sit and wash once a week and just keep up cleaning ...80 ft Palmer Johnson Sailboat will be at Beaufort City Marina December to April General knowledge of basic up keep ...will provide food no liquor to relax and enjoy Beaufort 5 stateroom 4 bath all amenities on board
greenwhich bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 20:13   #2

Boat: Colegate 26
Re: Boat sit and care of

How is the T Mobile and AT&T coverage at the marina? What about internet options?
LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 11:28   #3
SFS

Beaufort NC or SC?
SFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 11:43   #4

Sent you address Beaufort City Marina 500 front st beaufort NC
Old 02-12-2017, 14:33   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Laura Golden

Are you still looking for a boat sitter? I'm out of Wilmington, NC, and could start after Christmas.
Laura Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 13:58   #6

What would be your expectations ? Are you familiar with Boats and care of . washing once a week and just general dusting starting engines and checking systems which is no big deal , What is your age , though these days don't know how to approach and do you have any attachments or married ? In general can you just forward all about yourself ...No smoking etc healthy ....after holidays are OK ...and I and my Son will be down getting workmen to do some electronics and exterior hull work ....
Old 05-12-2017, 09:29   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Laura Golden

Hi, Greenwich Bay. Let's take this offline. Please email me at lauragolden3@gmail.com. Thanks.
Laura Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:21   #8

If you have trouble getting a reliable and responsible individual to fulfill your requirements, I may be interested. I'm a retired corporate aircraft technician, living in Wisconsin and always looking for an escape from this desolate landscape!
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 21:11   #9

My name is Paolo, and I am a good chef who specializes in italian food. The wanderlust has got me. I'm traveling from 1 year in Us and Mexico but I am open to exploring new opportunities anywhere.
My most recent placements have been onboard photography, snorkeling and wilderness charters. I'm currently serving fine dining on a restaurant located in Miami, Florida.
My duties include:
- Provisioning, prepping, cooking and serving meals plus snacks and dessert for guests.
- Being the hostess for our guests.
- Instructing and assisting guests.
- Keeping the boat tidy while we have guests onboard and deep cleaning between groups
- Helping the captain and mate with basic deckhand duties, keeping the decks clean
I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail.
My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works.
I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance.
I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so.
I can teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories.
I have sailed a very short time, I wanna know the basics and learn fast.
I have the ability to befriend people of all ages and from all walks of life. I enjoy getting to know new people and forming connections with the people I feed. I am tidy, respectful, and try my best to maintain an upbeat attitude. I love to eat delicious food, have a laugh with friends, and generally just enjoy life.
My biggest areas of interest trying a sailing chance for future are Caribbean or French Polynesia, but I could be flexible if a great opportunity presents itself.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!

A little about myself, my interests and my plans
- confident swimmer, rarely/unlikely seasick, good listener, good communicator, no body piercings, no facial piercings, travel light (little luggage), respectful, fit & healthy, friendly, polite, LGBTIQ accepting, diligent, positive outlook, skilled, organised, trustworthy, open minded, enthusiastic, easy going, sense of humor, available on my own, enjoy cooking, don't mind cleaning, can follow orders, enjoy teaching, live on little money
- I left my place and have been having a need exploring new places... and exploring these places from the sea is a new favorite way to see them! My plans are currently pretty flexible if I finish my season in Florida this time.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat
- share experience, visit remote places, seek adventure, fulfill a dream, face challenges, finding myself, gain experience, learn to sail, sustainable travel, travel
- The SEA is my happy place! I grew up near the beach and have been swimming since I was barely walking. I love the sea and would love to spend time on a boat.
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat