Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2017, 19:50   #1

Blue water journey in 2018

Looking to crew on a blue water journey in 2018. Hello, my name is Bart, a 56 year old healthy and fit Canadian. I have my ASA 101/103/104.

In 2012 I crewed a couple of weeks on a 37 footer here in British Columbia.

In 2013 I crewed for 7 weeks on a 27 footer, sailing the inside passage from Alaska to Olympia, Washington, taking our time, enjoying every minute of the journey.

In the summer of 2015 I was part of a four person crew that sailed a Gib'Sea 51 for its owner from Panama to Tahiti with stops at the Galapagos and the Marquesas. A wonderful time, especially the 17 days at sea without seeing land and only spotting one other vessel.

I work hard and am easy to get along with. I live on a vegetable based diet, but do not shy away from cooking a burger for someone else. Also a PADI Dive Instructor. If you need a reliable crew member, please keep me in mind. Starting and finishing points can be anywhere in the world.

Sincerely,

Bart.

bartinbc 'at' gmail.com
Travell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 20:45   #2

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: Blue water journey in 2018

Hi Bart, welcome to CF. It's a bit early for me to look for crew, but I've been giving it some thought and your post allows me to start articulating it as well as to find this message again when the time comes. I will be sailing to Kauai in late June/early July 2018 and then will need 2 crew for the return, probably in late July/early August. If you're interested, I can send an email with more info. I know many things can change in the next 9 months, but I would either take the boat to the PNW over the winter season, then bring it back to San Francisco in the spring, or return "directly" back to SF from Hawaii. Either way, it'll probably be at least 3 weeks offshore.
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:14   #3

Re: Blue water journey in 2018

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for getting back to you so late. I have been off the grid for the last little while.

I'm looking for a trip lasting perhaps two months or more. Three weeks would be a little too short.

I'm glad I got you thinking about your trip.

Regards.
Travell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue water, water