Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2018, 17:47   #1

Post Bahamas Crossing march 1

Anybody interested in crossing in a sailboat (Co-captain or buddy boat) to Bahamas this week? Thursday day/night is the ideal weather. Friday at noon the crossing MUST be finished (northern winds) .

Ideally from Fort Pierce to Matanilla shoals or jupiter to Memory rock.
It will be more difficult to get the boat in position in West palm beach/West end on time.
Captain Jose, 61 y/o, sailing for 20 years but never did "the crossing" . Soverel 30 in good conditions.
Looking for Buddy boat or a navigator with experience Fort Pierce-Mantanilla shoals or Jupiter-Memory rock. If you are into alcohol or drugs don't apply please. Im not a nerd but don't play while "crossing".
JIrazuzta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:23   #2

Boat: 1988 Hans Christian 33
Re: Bahamas Crossing march 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIrazuzta View Post
Anybody interested in crossing in a sailboat (Co-captain or buddy boat) to Bahamas this week? Thursday day/night is the ideal weather. Friday at noon the crossing MUST be finished (northern winds) .

Ideally from Fort Pierce to Matanilla shoals or jupiter to Memory rock.
It will be more difficult to get the boat in position in West palm beach/West end on time.
Captain Jose, 61 y/o, sailing for 20 years but never did "the crossing" . Soverel 30 in good conditions.
Looking for Buddy boat or a navigator with experience Fort Pierce-Mantanilla shoals or Jupiter-Memory rock. If you are into alcohol or drugs don't apply please. Im not a nerd but don't play while "crossing".
Better be holed up somewhere with good protection from N-NNW by Saturday afternoon, going to blow 30kts.
Lowcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:06   #3

Boat: Cheoy Lee, Luders 36

Did you cross yet? We are waiting to cross to Abacos now.
Sailsarefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 19:16   #4

I just posted this in crew available:

Proven reliability. CEO of international disaster recovery company with 110 locations. I lead 160+ retired fire chiefs. Can be trusted to make good decisions under pressure.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-hosto-96245b9

Logical, rational, thoughtful. Good conversationalist. No hangups, personality issues.

Seeking sailing / delivery opportunity in FL, Keys, Bahamas, Caribbean.

Been sailing a Hunter 31 at a sail club in St. Augustine but still a novice sailer. I can single hand a 31 in rough water but no blue water experience.

ASA 101, 103.

No chemical dependency issues, no emotional hangups. Happily married father of 3.

I have high expectations of those I work in socialize with. I have no desire to get on a boat with alcoholics or people with emotional issues.

Michael Hosto@ 3PHASEAdvisors.com
Atlantic Beach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, Bahamas