Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2020, 12:19   #1

Atlantic ICW to Florida West Coast

I have owned my 55 foot Hi-Star aft cockpit yacht for about 10 years. In the last year I completed a cruise that included the Chesapeake Bay, then down the Intracoastal to Marathon, Florida and back (about 3000 miles). I completed the entire trip alone but I would much prefer having a crewmate (single or couple) who would like to be part of a leisurely trip down the ICW and then cross to the West Coast of Florida near Ft. Myer and then north. I plan to leave the northern Potomac River on about November 1, 2020 so that hurricane season will be over by the time I reach Florida. All expenses will be paid while aboard the boat, including onboard food. Although experience would be a plus, it is not necessary. When you reply, please provide your present location and a little bit of information about yourself (or yourselves). It is not necessary that you be available for the entire trip, but we can coordinate the schedule later. I plan to do a return trip sometime in late Spring.
Barister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:48   #2

Boat: Hunter 46
Re: Atlantic ICW to Florida West Coast

My wife and I could do the return trip only (because we are currently buying a 1984 Symbol 44 sundeck as second boat). We are in San Francisco and own a Hunter 46. We are retired. I crewed on a 45 ft sailboat up/down the ICW and outside several times. We have sailed in the Chesapeake Bay, San Francisco Bay and out of Los Angeles since early 1980's. My wife is gourmet cook.
sail sfbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 13:30   #3

I don't know the return date yet but I suggest that you keep track of my thread and I will post further plans as soon as I know more.
Old 10-10-2020, 13:38   #4

Boat: Hunter 46

We are flexible on return date and can make airline reservations pretty quick with our frequent flyer miles.
sail sfbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:57   #5

I have ASA101,103, and 104. I have experience in crewing in races and delivery. I'm based in Fort Pierce, FL. I would be able to go from around here to the FL west coast, around Tampa, and get off there. Let me know. Thanks
conchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 14:56   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchaway View Post
I have ASA101,103, and 104. I have experience in crewing in races and delivery. I'm based in Fort Pierce, FL. I would be able to go from around here to the FL west coast, around Tampa, and get off there. Let me know. Thanks
Your proposed itinerary does not match mine. I will not be going as far as Tampa. I am actually looking for more of a passenger who can help out but not a person doing a delivery. It is obviously an upaid position.
Old 11-10-2020, 15:56   #7

Boat: Gozzard, 44CC, 50'

We are a couple who have done 95% of that route based out of Annapolis. PM me for complete background info. PS She's a great cook and I've done numerous deliveries up and down the east coast and up to Ft. Meyers.
Scrimshaw4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 18:58   #8

Why down the ICW? Takes longer, costs more (fuel and possible dockage)??? Also, Right now mile 3.9 of ICW ( just south of Norfolk) is closed due to maintenance on RR bridge.
Stmurray62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 19:03   #9

Smile Re: Atlantic ICW to Florida West Coast

Hello there my name is jan and i am a retired German chef living in Charleston SC At one time i owned a cal 34 in Hawaii dit a crossing from Honolulu to san fran. would love to join you on this trip or parts of.
Happy days
Jan
Jrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 20:13   #10

Boat: Hinckley 59
Send a message via AIM to caffel

I am an experienced blue water sailor and sailmaker. Interested in the first part. Have had one successful Cruisers Forum crewing hook-up so far this year. However, I am committed to all day online meetings on 11/6 - 7. You can message me here and see more details on my profile. Charlie, Philadelphia
caffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 20:34   #11

PM SENT
Time2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 20:45   #12

My wife and I have been wanting to do the intracoastal waterways for quite some time. We have some experience sailing for approximately ten years. We have sailed from San Francisco Bay to Mexico and have been cruising in Mexico for 7 years. We are not going down this winter because of COVID and being unsure of the situation there. So we would be up for possibly sailing with you. Please let us know more about your plans. We are very interested. We currently live in Priest Lake Idaho.
Solastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 07:37   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrpr View Post
Hello there my name is jan and i am a retired German chef living in Charleston SC At one time i owned a cal 34 in Hawaii dit a crossing from Honolulu to san fran. would love to join you on this trip or parts of.
Happy days
Jan
Please let me know how much time you can spend on the cruise if I start down the Potomac by Nov. 8 and arrive in Ft. Myers by sometime in December. If you give me a phone number it will speed things up.

Martin
Old 14-10-2020, 08:28   #14
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34

Okeechobee route to the west coast?
AA3JY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 08:34   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA3JY View Post
Okeechobee route to the west coast?
Yes. I plan to end up in Port Charlotte, etc.

Tags
florida, icw, west coast