Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2017, 09:23   #1

Athens - Israel passage needing another set of hands (last minute)

Hi all,

I've had some crew drop out last minute, and am looking for another set of hands (or two) to join on a passage from Athens, Greece - Israel. The vessel is a Dolphin 31 sailboat, equipped for offshore sailing and with a lifetime of Med cruising under her belt. She is a well-found, stout, and comfortable boat with accommodations for 4 or 5 easily. No restrictions on gender, age, nationality, or anything else - and we're happy to accommodate dietary preferences.

This opportunity would suit novice or experienced sailors alike, and all the training would be provided aboard. I'm an instructor with ASA, US Sailing, and IYT with 30,000+nm offshore and a passion for teaching safe and practical offshore sailing. We've planned for 2 weeks (Feb 6 - 20) to make the ~600nm passage, and will spend the first week exploring the Greek Islands as we make our way through the Cyclades and Southern Aegean. The second week will be an offshore crossing to Cyprus, a few days exploring the island, then another offshore jump down to Israel. This trip is a "delivery", however we will be picking the best weather windows and having a ton of fun along the way through the islands.

Crew are responsible for their travel to/from, and we will cover all the other costs while aboard (food, fuel, water, maintenance, dockage, etc etc). You're welcome to join me in Athens early, and/or stay late to continue exploring inland Israel as well.

I'm more interested in the dynamic of the crew than outright experience (although a seasoned hand would be great!), so please share a bit about your personality & interests. We're looking for one or two chill & easy-going people who are comfortable living in close quarters and amicable. If you're a half-decent cook, that's fantastic! If you care about the environment, enjoy good conversation, and like the idea of self sufficiency at sea - superb!

Please reply, PM, or email me at vincent.mattiola@gmail.com and we can chat further.

Best,

Vinny
vmattiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 13:45   #2

Re: Athens - Israel passage needing another set of hands (last minute)

Damn, Vinny, if I was on the other side of the pond, I would definitely be interested.

Good luck with the delivery.

Cheers,
Flo
vitaltimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passage, Israel