Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2018, 11:33   #1

44 y/o adventurer looking for berth, will pay my way

I'm looking for a berth on a sailboat passage or longer cruise to gain experience and fulfill a lifelong dream. I'm currently in the eastern USA but will fly anywhere for the right situation.

Here's my blurb from another site:

Hi, I'm Sean. I've been doing adventure travel for a few years and would love to learn how to do that on a boat. I'm expertise-oriented, so if I'm on a boat I'll probably be spending my off time reading about how to be better at it. I'm an engineer, so I'm good at solving problems in a stepwise manner. I've done some big bicycle tours where I've ridden 20,000 km through a dozen countries. A tour like that is mostly fun, but there are definitely periods of cold, discomfort, pain, boredom, bad food, no food, and loneliness. I imagine being able to overcome those difficulties will be valuable at sea.

I'm easygoing and eager to learn. I like good vibes, happiness, and positivity, and I'm completely welcoming of constructive criticism because I always want to get better at whatever I'm doing. I appreciate the advice of experts.

I'm very fit, I don't smoke, drink, or use any drugs except caffeine (but I don't mind when others do), I'll eat anything, and I have no health problems.

I've spent a few two-week stretches sailing the Salish Sea with my brother, so while I don't have any real expertise, I can follow instructions, man a watch, do general work on the boat, and not get seasick. I'm eager to learn everything else.

Cheers!
Sean McBoatface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 06:25   #2

Re: 44 y/o adventurer looking for berth, will pay my way

As a followup note suggested by a user, I wanted to mention that I hold US and Brazilian citizenships and have passports from each.
Old 13-07-2018, 15:09   #3

Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'

Hello I have 33' Hunter and i'm planing seal to North of Brazil if you are interested to go with let's talk about it
I born in Brazil to i live in Houston, TX and i plan go to Brazil First after that we can sail around the world to we an split 50/50 let me know
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 08:50   #4

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 27

I am in Belhaven NC, I am heading for the keys at the beginning of October. From there I am bound for Havana and on to the Yucatan Peninsula.

We will do a little ICW until we are comfortable together and then go outside for time and pleasure.

I have a fully refurbed Cherubini 27'. she is fit and safe and takes real good care of me. You are welcome to a berth.

I am fit and 50. Retired financial professional. Easy going and quite tolerant (except for sloppy people).

I can use another set of hands to help with night shifts. If you are available at the time you are welcome to a berth. If I fill the slot, I have no problem with and the room for one more.

message me if you want to talk,
David
Dayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 06:23   #5

Hi all,

I don't know how to delete threads but please ignore this one. I've already found a spot and am no longer looking. Thanks for the replies and good luck on your search!
Old 15-07-2018, 08:02   #6

Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McBoatface View Post
Hi all,

I don't know how to delete threads but please ignore this one. I've already found a spot and am no longer looking. Thanks for the replies and good luck on your search!

No problem Thanks to let me know
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 16:49   #7

Trip to take about 1 1/2 wks to 2 wks., take turns on watch, general upkeep and cleaning and repairs. .32'sailboat Lloyd's certified with lots of safety equipment.
1st leg is to Apalachicola, Fl. then on to Texas.
Volunteers only and share in expenses.
Need 1/2 person(s) 6 to 10 days approximately to go from Cape Coral to northern Florida to Texas . Leave as soon as I get crew and Off course we wait for weather 1st. I use a meteorologist who advises sailors.
Please respond only if interested.
tejeda is offline   Reply With Quote