Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: should i reveal the name of HER channell?
yes by public post 1 100.00%
yes by private mesg. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2021, 20:51   #1
cruiser

Boat: 39 PRIVILEGE 1993
2 fem...39 catamaran youtube

Your opportunity to start a Youtube chanel video .You do video...make the $$.. I do not appear in any videos.you pay $30 per day for the opportunity to do this bizniz....
If you just wanna come cruising then just pay your expenses and food.
..40' Catemaran from south florida to whereever carribe..with many stops along the way.
Two crew positions available, EACH crew has to work part time ,driving,keep watch,stay on course.watch the autopilot
Crew pay for their food.
the boat is a project i will finish whereever and whenever .
has stainless drinking water tank.and tfiltered water...cleaned and sanitized water tank for showers and washing dishes.
has gas stove .n oven..sink,no fridge..
Have new LIFERAFT and new zodiac with new 6 hp honda,and all safety equip.on board.
a/c and honda 2000 generator,solar panels .
spare sails. two 80 lb anchors with all chain.
,your age 21 to 35
Old 16-06-2021, 22:05   #2

Boat: Hanse 430e
Re: 2 fem...39 catamaran youtube

Watching.
Old 17-06-2021, 03:27   #3

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401
2 fem...39 catamaran youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by yan23 View Post
Includes 2 saildrives in boat..and 2.. 30 hp yanmars they need rebuild.have 700 hrs and then sat 10 yrs...interior of boat needs total rebuild..or better yet you redesign.
Mast rig sails steering tankage all workibg good.
Outside looks like any other .
Inside dryrot..but the doors are excellent.
Xyz23@post.com
$80,000 firm price.
Electric panel has 40 breakers 120/240?
Excellent come get all electrical for $300 not the 12 volt ..i keep n use 12 v.
Cone get excellebt doors $50 each... inside table $100
And outside teak table.$100

Is this the lovely boat that you want to charge people $30/day to sail on and be a YouTube star?

A boat with no doors? No refrigeration? And no tables?
Old 17-06-2021, 03:50   #4

You're advertising for two crew to pay to star in your YouTube channel and you're going to sell the boat out from under them...?

39' Privilege Cat 1993 - $80k
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...0k-252177.html

This is SO not cool!
LW77
Old 17-06-2021, 04:26   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Mariner 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing77 View Post
You're advertising for two crew to pay to star in your YouTube channel and you're going to sell the boat out from under them...?

This is SO not cool!
LW77
That will make for some dramatic episode titles for that new YouTube channel!
Old 17-06-2021, 06:08   #6

Youtube is a plague on the sailing community for bringing people like you into existence.

How is charging someone to work on your boat considered a "crew" opportunity???
Old 17-06-2021, 07:08   #7

Boat: Owner built 60’ Aluminum Expedition Yacht.

You are asking payment for passage. The crew are no longer guests but become passengers. The U S Coast Guard requires you to have a license and be a part of a drug testing program.
If you accept Anything...Anything of value, they are now passengers!
The USCG has a strict enforcement policy and the penalties are substantial.
I suggest you contact them before they contact you.
As in...immediately.
Captain Mark
Old 17-06-2021, 07:42   #8
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

Another one ... Sigh !
Old 17-06-2021, 07:52   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
Youtube is a plague on the sailing community for bringing people like you into existence.

How is charging someone to work on your boat considered a "crew" opportunity???
Tis not just the sailing community. I see it on our local social media frequently.

Free X but you have to move it.

X can be a piano, hot tub, barn, etc, things that require quite a bit of work to get ready to move, time and equipment. The owner just wants X taken away but does not want to pay for the service. Often the stuff is not usable, like a hot tub with a leaky liner.

My favorite though is firewood...

Firewood means a tree has fallen, or better yet is dead and needs to be cut down. Course, cutting down a tree takes tools and skills, and a dead tree really is risky and takes more skills. Once the tree is on the ground, one still has to cut the tree into rounds, thus more work and needing that chainsaw, not to mention the rounds still need to be split into firewood. But we are not done!

The "free" firewood has to be moved and the tree is often not accessible by truck, so the move is manual. And by the way, don't tear up the lawn....

But it is "free."

Then there is the property owner's liability...

It is not the sailing community, it is just people.

Later,
Dan
Old 17-06-2021, 08:30   #10

Boat: Bateau FS17

Probably not a good analogy.... I removed my wood stove as its more efficient for me to work overtime and buy heating oil than cut wood, however....... I have been offered and accepted payment for people to come on my property and delimb and cut and remove 'firewood' from trees and brush I cut to clear my lawn larger...... ('trees' is pretty loose here as nothing larger than 4inches, and most smaller)

This wasn't me advertising, this was me cutting down stuff with the intent to burn it in a pile and someone walking by and saying, 'hey, could I buy that from you?', me saying, you can have it, I was just going to burn it, and them still insisting on paying.....

Heat is valuable.....

To be honest, as sketchy/scammey as this thread feels, its not like he is taking advantage of anyone who doesn't have an idea of what they are getting into, if successful both sides of the deal are probably on the same level thinking they have worked out a mutually beneficial deal...... the same deal to two different parties could have both sides believing they are the ones taking advantage and a third set could both feel they are being taken advantage of....... one persons opportunity is another persons living hell....

Young people..... they want adventure and they want to make their own mistakes. I did at that age(probably still am), and so probably did you........
However if I was a parent of a young lady in that age range, I would be raging. I would like to imagine that I would be a parent who would raise someone smarter and with higher self esteem than that, but I have seen great parents who I respect greatly have children grow up to rebel, no one is immune, no one is above it.

I do find something interesting about sailing youtube.

This site (as a collective, not necessarily any one individual) is down on the successful channels, 'they were better when they were starting out, poor, fixing up what they could, barely scrapping by', 'now they have a huge yacht payed for by their viewers and their shows are too staged and polished.........

Then collectively shout down someone wanting a channel about roughing it on an ill equipped cat that is undergoing work with an unknown timeline......

I think when it gets down to it, we forget that we are all human, we are all different, and to be fair we all have different levels and approaches to ethics and what they mean. As different as we all are, the world is still changing rapidly. I see a lot of disrespect here which reflects what I see in the world. It is sad. I see it with the politics, the vaccine controversies, etc.... people are going to have different views, it is even ok to discuss those differences in appropriate settings, but the shouting down and disrespect I see from both sides is frankly disgusting and it emboldens the opposing side to stand up for their views even stronger which starts the snowball to hell we see today.

The older we get the easier it is to judge and condemn, heck I am even doing it here and by these forum standards I am still young..... but if we are self aware of what we are doing and the effect it has on those around us, perhaps we can regain some of our dignity and respect not just for others but for ourselves as well.
Old 17-06-2021, 09:24   #11

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

The task of “driving” mentioned is what spooked me.
Old 17-06-2021, 09:30   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing77 View Post

This is SO not cool!
LW77
The post wasn't shady enough on its own? It's the "sell the boat out from under them" that is the last straw?? LMFAO!!!!
Old 17-06-2021, 09:32   #13

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
The post wasn't shady enough on its own? It's the "sell the boat out from under them" that is the last straw?? LMFAO!!!!
Oh my good GOD! Ha ha ha.

I just saw the ad. There is no way in hell a woman of any age is boarding this boat.

It’s not even cleaned up AT ALL.

Wow. Just wow.
Old 17-06-2021, 09:34   #14

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
The task of “driving” mentioned is what spooked me.

You noticed that too huh
Old 17-06-2021, 10:12   #15

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narfi View Post
Probably not a good analogy.... I removed my wood stove as its more efficient for me to work overtime and buy heating oil than cut wood, however.....
Maybe if you don't consider the emissions caused by extracting transporting refining heating oil as well as the fact that people using oil/gas for heat tend to consume far more btu's than those using wood because it is too easy to turn the knob. So you are not calculating the cost of burying the fossil emissions from heating oil back again which far exceeds the work of cutting a few already dead trees. It is this entitlement to take advantage of the environment and leave it in a worse state than you found it that explains the downward spiral and plight of humanity.

The OP in this thread is purporting an obviously fraudulent scheme should be flagged probably this post removed
Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran