Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Indian Ocean & Red Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 03:54   #1

yacht needed for marine research trip in 2016

I am a marine biologist working for the Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation (Home - Living Oceans FoundationLiving Oceans Foundation). The Foundation's work focuses primarily on coral reef research, communication, management and education. For the past six years the Foundation, led by the Chief Scientist Dr Andrew Bruckner, has been conducting a Global Reef Expedition, travelling throughout remote tropical countries that lack the baseline information on their coral reefs. Extensive data is collected that we use to assess the extent, state and health of that country's reef environment. All information is then a public resource.

We are in the process of planning a 4-week expedition for 2016, which would be during May-June, working around the Comoros Islands and Madagascar. I am searching for a yacht that could be used as our research platform during the expedition. We would need a vessel that could accommodate a minimum of 8 scientists. We would be able to make a financial contribution. This offers a unique opportunity to work alongside a group of friendly coral reef scientists undertaking the first in-depth surveys of these reefs!
Please contact me if you have any information, or contacts via this forum or my email (georgia.coward (at) yahoo.co.uk).
Many thanks in advance.
Georgia
gcoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 22:36   #2

Boat: Stevens 47
Re: yacht needed for marine research trip in 2016

I'm in Madagascar (and recently in Comoros) and met the owners of a 27m yacht that specializes in charters for scientific research in the Indian Ocean. The website is www.antsiva.com - if I can find their boatcard I'll PM you with their email.
svTOTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 04:16   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: yacht needed for marine research trip in 2016

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Georgia.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, marine, research, yacht