Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2011, 00:23   #1

Sailing Thailand to India Soon ?

I am looking to join a yacht from Thailand to India sometime between 24 Jan and 7 Feb 2011. I have sailed in the Carribean, Med, Australia, France, and majority in Scotland where my dad keeps his yacht. I am a yoga teacher, have good galley skills, am fit, able bodied and light-hearted, easy going and well-educated company.

If anyone is looking for crew or has suggestions on how I can make this happen, I am open to any and all options.

email: sophiecarver (at) googlemail (dot) com
snowfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 16:25   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachitravel View Post
Earlier this year while at the Salvation Army in Colaba I talked to a kid who did just this, he sailed as a crew member on a 40 foot sailboat from Thailand to Chennai India.
I think he said it took about 20 days, and they were totally out of provisions and water by the time they limped into port in India.

This kid was in Pattaya and posted a "I want to sail to India" note on a board right at the docks. Incredibly he got a phone call the next day and sailed later that week on a private boat with a guy who was sailing around the world. He didn't get paid or have to pay anything for the voyage.

From what he told me was that he had heard while in Thailand was that crewing on sailboats to all points is not uncommon. A guy in a bar told him to just put a note up at the dock.

Thanks............
That does sound like a bar story - since there are no noticeboards on the dock.
Most boats living from Thailand leave from Nai Hahn Bay where there is no dock or pier.
If they leave from Au Chalong , there are no notice boards on the pier, in fact boats are not permitted to berth on the pier.

The best bet is in the Au Chalong Yacht Club or Jimmy's restaurant or Suda's.
Laidback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 20:34   #3
TOM

Boat: Footloose 40 steel cutter
Put a notice on the board at yacht haven marina. We are here now and lots of boats are leaving everyday, big boats,little boats ,HUGE BOATS. There must be 400 yachts here at the moment.
TOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
India, sailing, Thailand, thailand, india