Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Indian Ocean & Red Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2019, 23:20   #16

Ninety Days In, 7 Days Out + Flights Info - Re: Checking in, out of Satun

BTW,

Broker just told me that the current rule being applied in Langkawi is 90 Days original SVP, with two extensions possible. When, that expires, 7 days out in Satun or wherever, then another 90 days is granted.

Also, anybody know the best flight to take that can guarantee a no hassle transfer from the international airport to the domestic airport. Last time I tried this in 2011, I had to take taxi and still almost missed my plane to LGK. I'm coming in from Manila, where there are no direct flights to LGK.

Sound right?

G2L
Gone2long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 01:01   #17

Re: Checking in, out of Satun w. Philippine crew

The American couple were in an apartment block in Kuah and the expat had a house near pantai cenang. 2 incidents in 19 years so hardly a problem.
I never did Visa runs but it seems that if the stay is less than 80 days , re-entry is permitted after 48 hours but if the person goes to the full 90 days the time out is longer and its reported that the new visa may be as little as a week instead of the 90 days. A lot has to do with where a person arrives from, Singapore arrivals get 90 days but the visa length is always at the discretion of the officer... but can be appealed and altered easily by visiting immigration HQ. like I said, they're very helpful and friendly.
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 04:13   #18

Thanks again - Re: Checking in, out of Satun w. Philippine crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperpete View Post
The American couple were in an apartment block in Kuah and the expat had a house near pantai cenang. 2 incidents in 19 years so hardly a problem.
I never did Visa runs but it seems that if the stay is less than 80 days , re-entry is permitted after 48 hours but if the person goes to the full 90 days the time out is longer and its reported that the new visa may be as little as a week instead of the 90 days. A lot has to do with where a person arrives from, Singapore arrivals get 90 days but the visa length is always at the discretion of the officer... but can be appealed and altered easily by visiting immigration HQ. like I said, they're very helpful and friendly.

Yeah, have a friend who just delivered a boat from Malaysia to PHL and had the same good things to say about Malaysian customs and immigration.

Also, my experience in PHL makes me sensitive to how a lot of the silly **** that you refer to can happen. Somebody was jealous of the folks mentioned or they didn't pay their rent on time, or they were too demanding of the LL, so suddenly "somebody" starts making up rumours, and invites the Shariyah guys in to investigate.

Seems much more convenient than contacting the police, since, if the police are brought in, the person issuing the complaint has to submit some kind of evidence that a real crime has actually been committed. And, lying to the cops is actually a crime in itself.

Thanks for your input,

G2L
Old 23-10-2020, 07:17   #19

Re: Thanks again - Re: Checking in, out of Satun w. Philippine crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone2long View Post
Yeah, have a friend who just delivered a boat from Malaysia to PHL and had the same good things to say about Malaysian customs and immigration

G2L
So sorry to quote in this thread as I actually wanted to PM you. But even though I have been a member here for a few years, I haven't posted before so I couldn't send you a direct message (I think I may need to post 5 times before I am allowed to PM).

Thing is, I saw Windjammer pulled up on a beach in Bohol with some alleged typhoon damage and the locals said they hadn't seen the owner around so just wanted to check in with you and hear if you are up to date on how she is doing...?

Apologies, for also hijacking the next four posts to rack up enough so that I can PM you directly.
Sailing Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2020, 07:19   #20

Hello again Gone,
As said, I just need to get to 5 posts so that I can PM you about the state of your beautiful - but in need of help - boat.

(Apologies for the hijacking, but I picked this thread since it was recent but still didn't have too many posts in it, so hopefully I am making less of a bad impact)
Old 23-10-2020, 07:20   #21

Three more to go...
Old 23-10-2020, 07:20   #22

And just two more, sorry for the waste of space...
Old 23-10-2020, 07:22   #23

So, if my assumption that I had to do min. five posts to be allowed to PM holds up, I should be able to send you a direct message now with a bit more info and my contact info in case you are not on the island.
Old 24-10-2020, 13:04   #24

I'm no longer the owner ...

Hi Gecko,

No problem. Got your eventual PM, and responded to it tonight.

Thanks so much for conveying this sad news. As noted in my PM, I am no longer the owner, but she still has a place in my heart.

Such a bummer,

G2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing Gecko View Post
So sorry to quote in this thread as I actually wanted to PM you. But even though I have been a member here for a few years, I haven't posted before so I couldn't send you a direct message (I think I may need to post 5 times before I am allowed to PM).

Thing is, I saw Windjammer pulled up on a beach in Bohol with some alleged typhoon damage and the locals said they hadn't seen the owner around so just wanted to check in with you and hear if you are up to date on how she is doing...?

Apologies, for also hijacking the next four posts to rack up enough so that I can PM you directly.
Old 24-10-2020, 13:05   #25

No problem.

No problem. Stay in touch.

Quote:
Hello again Gone,
As said, I just need to get to 5 posts so that I can PM you about the state of your beautiful - but in need of help - boat.

(Apologies for the hijacking, but I picked this thread since it was recent but still didn't have too many posts in it, so hopefully I am making less of a bad impact)
Old 24-10-2020, 13:07   #26

Well done

Welcome aboard : )

Quote:
So, if my assumption that I had to do min. five posts to be allowed to PM holds up, I should be able to send you a direct message now with a bit more info and my contact info in case you are not on the island.

Tags
crew