Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2012, 23:15   #1

issue with CAIT.

hello everyone!

I have a question concerning CAIT in Indonesia - I am a Croatian citizen, currently traveling in Australia. I am looking for a boat going towards Africa, and I found one, sailing in Indonesia.

but the owner of the boat told me there is an issue that he thinks it wouldnt be able for me to join them in Indonesia and embark on a journey to Africa.

here is his reply and explanation of the situation:

Quote:
...we might make some creative arrangements for someone new who was happy without a dedicated bunk, our Indonesian cruising permit application submitted back in July needed to list everyone who might be sailing onboard with us. (It is regulations like this which makes cruising in Indonesia more of a hassle than in neighboring countries.) Someone not listed on the CAIT (Cruising Application for Indonesian Territories) could theoretically join us once we are already in Indonesia, but they would not be able to check out with us, causing a problem when we check out at Lombok for Reunion and South Africa.
does anyone have experience with this situation?

I did a bit of research and found this:

Quote:
If you have a new crew joint, you must send the copy passport to us, so we can update your CAIT and add the new crew name on your original CAIT. There will be update fee for this.
but then again, they all say that CAIT must be complete when entering a country.

anyone?
thomas.love is offline   Reply With Quote