Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2006, 14:00   #31

Good to see ya back, Bob.

Sorry to hear about what happened there to your friends, down there in Innisfail?

But, I'm also glad that you made it back alive. And in one piece. And able to tell a story of what happened down there?

I'm sure you have lots to tell, in the months ahead?

Great to see ya back.

And about mudnut. Ahhh.. he just gets temperamental?

Just give him his space. And he'll cool down. I'm sure he might've misinterperted on what you're really saying. That's all?

Mudnut. Just drink some cold ones mate. And Bob here explained his side of his story. So let's all have a cold one and just smile?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 16:36   #32
Kai Nui

What we have here, is a failure to communicate
Bob, great to see you back, and kudos for all your work. Your website, like mine, and like this very forum, have one obvious purpose in common. To benefit the cruising community. That is clear to me, and I am sure to most here on the forum. I look forward to your continuing contributions on this site.
Mudnut, I know where you are coming from, but I think you are shooting at the mailman because the milkman slept with your wife.
Back to the real matter at hand, how are things down there. Are they digging out? How about a front line update for those of us who have no faith in the traditional press.
Old 28-03-2006, 01:06   #33
Bob Norson

thanks you guys...

OK, to add more... the report that I have on the web site tells much but it is so involved. Backpackers from Europe and north America flock up here for picking fruit and exploring the reef. Bananas were ready to pick around Innisfail and the labour force had gathered. But 100% wrecked, blown down. I hear figure of 70-80% of Australias banana crop. The people I went to help are OK. Their houses did better than most. A young couple with ten month old baby, their house OK though the one next door is a write off but no job now for Dad and he is worried... mortgage, food, repairs, and most of all I suspect, pride. he is from Bali and new to the country, very hard working and doesn't want to be seen as a bum. It's a migrant thing. Another family I went to help, he is sheet rock hanger.... he will be a very busy guy but his wife worked at the box factory... no fruit to box now. There was already a building boom in Queensland and building trades in short supply but many are going to Innisfail, some to profit and some to help. Another family I delivered a genny to, they just moved from Warren NSW, he started a new job as a butcher, worked 8 days... she was a news paper reporter in the small town they were from and she is unlikely to find work now. the paper will hurt because ad revenue will be down and the butcher is no more. They are staying in their parents house while mum and Dad run a pilot boat business on Thursday Island in Torres Straite, so at least they have a roof, but no work. Every house has a story. I only know a few well. so many others. They will do OK because there is much help and the spirits haven't been crushed by the grief of deaths like in the US.... bad luck good luck. The people of Innisfail know of the genuine good wishes from around the world, I passed on yours cpn K.
Old 28-03-2006, 04:56   #34

Hey Bob

Why dont ya try reading past my first reply!!Not 24hrs into the ordeal you had a bitch about the media,I reacted to that,Talbot set me staight and I thought I said sorry to you...I even posted saying that after 17 pages of Larry news in the paper there still was nothing about the boaties and gave you dues on that!!Hell you might even have a better overall of it in ya special edition of T.C.P then the media have as far as the boat people,chill out,send me an E-Mail,dont give me some long winded story on a forum about things that have nothing to do with my reply.Lets not forget who had the first bitch,Bob..
mudnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 05:01   #35
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
enough?
:kissy:

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 11:40   #36
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Hey Mudnut, chill out Dude. OK, I think, "think" that I see a possible "what is happening here". Mudnut, when Bob stated he posted on the "web announcment section" he is refering to the "web announcment section" on this here BB. NOT his own paper. I see you have not commented under any of his posts under that section and am wondering if there has been some confusion byyou not seeing it.
Otherwise, I see NO problem with what Bob has done, is doing, but can't comment on his future intentions of course Mudnut, I don't see why you have got all fired up. I went back to the start of this thread series, and I just don't see an issue. It makes no sense.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 02:19   #37

Boat: Lotus 10.6
I can remember riding out cyclone Fergus and Drena in a 25 ft trailer sailer at Kauwau Island (North of Auckland) a few years ago. 75 knot winds were blowing trees down and out into the bay we were in. We were anchored with a small danforth and a few metres of chain. The rain was torrential and filled our dingy four times. At night, a boatee in a bay around from us suffered a heart attack. The Westpac rescue helicopter went to get him. It was incredible standing in my cockpit in the wind and rain watching the machine fly through it. All I could see was the spotlight overhead and I could hear the blades change pitch all the time in the wind.
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote