Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2006, 16:58   #1
Bob Norson

Cruise Indonesia with Darwin Kupang rally

The Darwin Kupang rally has been a very popular way to cruise Indonesia and set up for destinations further north such as Thailand. The Darwin Sailing club on the north coast of Australia organises the event in conjunction with the Indonesian government. Circumnavigators favour the event as a way to get through the red tape easy and for safety. The usual is to spend a season in Phuket then off to the Indian Ocean to the Red Sea or to spend a season at Chagos. SV Quiet Achiever of Australia gives a full report and brilliant photos of their exceptional cruise through the islands. See www.thecoastalpassage.com for a free download of the publication The coastal Passage. This story begins in issue # 16 and continues to issue # 17 (both avaiable now) and the final chapter in TCP # 18 out by the middle of March sometime.

More info from www.sailindonesia.net

Cheers
Old 28-02-2006, 03:18   #2

Bob,came across the same story about the rally,Bloody good Idea for people who want to cruise this part of the world safely and in company.It was on a site called" long passages" Ya dont have to download anything and they give ya pretty good info on it all.Hows the mag going?We need more of that here in OZ.Pitty about the adds,but I do understand that sponsorship is needed to run something like that Keep it up,Tittie city"OOP'S"I mean Airlie beach must seem pretty laid back and lo-key to the states.Question!"Did ya end up selling ya boat?I saw it for sale and liked what I saw.Mudnut.
mudnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2006, 09:52   #3

Hey mudnut,

Maybe one day when I drop by to see ya. You could show me around places. Including "Tittie city." I mean Airlie beach!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:03   #4
Bob Norson

Hey mudnut and Kev... and the usual eaves droppers.. like me.

Yeah when some one says they saw a serious "white pointer" in Airlie Beach they aren't talking sharks! Had some property in Airlie a while back. When we sold I figured I would use some of it to finance this little idea I had. Come on KK... how hard can it be!

The imortal words that begat TCP.

Boat lives in Mackay at the marina, office... er corporate headquarters in Queensbeach in Bowen or loserville to the familiar.

Don't knock the advertisers. I love em! They make it possible for me to finance the thing and it has grown into something way beyond the little hobby I imagined to try out. I gotte learn more about the web site though. I would like it to work faster but there is a lot of data there to post. So you Aussie, consider this... as far as we can determine (CH doesn't publish their numbers but they tell their advertisers) TCP is just slightly ahead of Multihull world for numbers in readers hands. That makes TCP # 2 after Trade-a-Boat. (he said modestly)

Many admirers but no bloody buyers yet!! Making me crazy. I got 3 sets of study plans in front of me for cats. Two Schionnings and an Oram. As soon as WhiteBird sells I order a kit. WhiteBird is a good solid bluewater cruiser but not quite the lay out room for publishing on board and I am sick and tired of doing all this in a place that doesn't rock me to sleep. I will be the first widely circulated boating publication to be entirely produced on a boat. OR ELSE!

Where you got the pick in mudnut?? and what boat name?? I know more on this coast than I don't!

Cheers
Old 01-03-2006, 02:58   #5

White Pointer's, Huh?

Sounds nice to me Bob!!

Me and Mudnut will be chasing the Airlie girls, all up and down the beach!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-03-2006, 03:03   #6

Were I got the Pic!!!

Im not sure ,It could have been several place's...Boetpoint,yachthub..?Something like that!Where did ya addvertise it?Surely you must know!!!Hey CapK,you are not ,I mean NOT,Taking your mum to tittie city,and if we do ,It's only for lunch.Be warned,You may loose your religion,you may loose your self respect and we might loose ya mum,But you will definately loose ya verginity!!!Bob's been here a while and he dosen't want to leave,my missus wouldn't even let me stay overnight when we worked on the Islands that dot the area.Mum's generally love me ,so I'll guess I'll have to cover for ya,But they don't call it "Tittie City" for nothing .Mudnut!!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:05   #7

Ahhhh Hell man.

My mother could relax watching TV or something, back at her hotel room?

I lost my virginity a very long time ago. And about religion. I never bring that with me while out partying and chasing women!!

But seriously Mudnut. I have always wanted to tour around the Whitsunday area of Queensland. The "Great Barrier Reef."

You know, I used to know this lovely lady down in Newcastle. Right above Sydney!!

Old 01-03-2006, 22:13   #8

Newcastle

t do ya mean "Good to see an Aussie post here"Hell man I reckon there must be at least six of us here somewhere on this forum.
Old 01-03-2006, 22:18   #9

oops

Cat just came in to play with the keyboard,Sooo,CaptainK did ya meat,"oops,I mean,meet her on R&R while ya were in port?
Old 01-03-2006, 22:42   #10

No.

I never met her in person. I met her on the internet. We were pen pals.

Too bad, I couldn't of met her in person. I have a photo of her. She has a nice big bum!!

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
Well shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake that healthy butt
Baby got back.............

Tags
Indonesia