Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2019, 14:28   #31

Re: Would it be posible to ‘rent-out’ your berth when you are cruising yourself?

I got yelled at by the marina once when I left for a week and didn't let them know.

Since then, I've been aware of that the marina reserves this right and it's the usual practice in the places I've been.
WindwardPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:46   #32
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Would it be posible to ‘rent-out’ your berth when you are cruising yourself?

"I got yelled at by the marina once when I left for a week and didn't let them know."
What, they've got a problem with Romulan yachts engaging a cloaking field while tied up there?
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 15:28   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
What, they've got a problem with Romulan yachts engaging a cloaking field while tied up there?

Yes, they absolutely did not dig it.
WindwardPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 21:35   #34

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

In my marina my slip is mine and no one parks there when I’m gone. If someone pulls in and heads out for dinner and I come back then the staff moves their boat. If they see them grabbing my slip they go tell them to move to a transient slip.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:21   #35

Boat: Alberg 35

I own a slip at Anchorage Marina in Baltimore, MD. I believe we have two options:
1. Let the Marina manage the slip when I'm gone. We split the proceeds; I don't remember the split but it's reasonable, I think perhaps 30 Marina/70 me.
2. I can sublet the slip privately but I believe there is a fee for this (covers issuing key cards and so on). I don't know the charge for this but it's reasonable.
s/v Pendragon Alberg 35 #175
Pendragon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:45   #36

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Hi, Pancake 91,

It will depend on where you are located, and what your country or state allows. In Australia, various options are present, ranging from no subletting, to profit sharing subletting arranged by the marina. Your local rules will be what applies to your situation.

Ann
Old 13-01-2019, 07:09   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon35 View Post
I own a slip at Anchorage Marina in Baltimore, MD. I believe we have two options:
1. Let the Marina manage the slip when I'm gone. We split the proceeds; I don't remember the split but it's reasonable, I think perhaps 30 Marina/70 me.
2. I can sublet the slip privately but I believe there is a fee for this (covers issuing key cards and so on). I don't know the charge for this but it's reasonable.
Owning a slip is a totally different ball game from renting a slip.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 07:34   #38

Location: San Diego, California - Read about our circumnavigation at www.rutea.com
Boat: Contest 48
Would it be posible to ‘rent-out’ your berth when you are cruising yourself?

At the yacht club I belong to, the club has the right to rent out a slip temporarily vacated by by a member and the member receives none of those proceeds. However, if a member is going to vacate his/her slip for six months or more, they can apply for ‘Cruising Status’ and their slip fees are reduced by half. Of course, the member still has to pay the monthly dues, assessments, etc while they’re gone.

Fair winds and calm seas.
nhschneider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising