Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2015, 06:57   #1

Where to register boat

Hopefully this day comes sometime in the future but I have a question regarding the boat registration.

I currently live in Finland (EU/VAT country) and if I purchase the boat and do circumnavigation outside of EU, how and where can I register the boat so I can get insurance for it etc?

Paying VAT isn't an option even thou I would like to sail in the MED. price for that is too high (considering if I purchase 300000€ boat and pay 20% or more on top of that as VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
gixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 09:19   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Where to register boat

You can try Langkawi International Yacht Registry (LIYR), it's tax free! Fast & cheap registration. . Attention Ms.Layla Avila Shariff.

Good luck.....
helise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 06:02   #3

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...
Re: Where to register boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxxer View Post
Hopefully this day comes sometime in the future but I have a question regarding the boat registration.

I currently live in Finland (EU/VAT country) and if I purchase the boat and do circumnavigation outside of EU, how and where can I register the boat so I can get insurance for it etc?

Paying VAT isn't an option even thou I would like to sail in the MED. price for that is too high (considering if I purchase 300000€ boat and pay 20% or more on top of that as VAT.
You can't really avoid the VAT on new boats if you are a EU resident. However you can of course buy a second hand boat. Or if your really want to buy new reduce it. For example very popular in France are leasing constructions, where you end uzp effectively paying VAT at a reduced rate of 9,5%.
K_V_B is offline   Reply With Quote