Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2021, 04:01   #1

Boat: SY Wake: 53' Amel Super Maramu
Webasto diesel heater weird issue

My webasto air top heater is doing something strange... Turn the dial all the way up, it starts up, revvs up, blasts heat for a minute, then the pump stops clicking and the fan speed falls to barely above idle. Never really gets going fast again, altho the clicking pump sometimes starts up slow again after a few/20 minutes. There is NO error message/blinking light. I changed the fuel filter but no improvement. I changed the burner screen earlier as a stray fender blocked the exhaust and coked it up, the error codes were working fine then. I pulled the fuse to reset it. No other significant buildup anywhere...

Any ideas? Thermostat telling it its too hot? Why no error code?

Hope everyone is well, it's been a minute since I've been on here...
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 05:20   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Webasto diesel heater weird issue

Webasto ‘Air Top’: 2000 ST, EVO 40, & EVO 55
Troubleshooting begins on page 55.
http://www.techwebasto.com/phocadown..._evo_40-55.pdf

Webasto Air Heater Service Manual & PDF Guides ➥ https://www.butlertechnik.com/techni...air-heaters-d6

Webasto Controller Service Manual & PDF Guides ➥ https://www.butlertechnik.com/techni...ontrollers-d43

Webasto Useful Information & Guides ➥ https://www.butlertechnik.com/techni...formation-d112

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2023, 12:57   #3

Boat: Elan 394 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
My webasto air top heater is doing something strange... Turn the dial all the way up, it starts up, revvs up, blasts heat for a minute, then the pump stops clicking and the fan speed falls to barely above idle. Never really gets going fast again, altho the clicking pump sometimes starts up slow again after a few/20 minutes. There is NO error message/blinking light. I changed the fuel filter but no improvement. I changed the burner screen earlier as a stray fender blocked the exhaust and coked it up, the error codes were working fine then. I pulled the fuse to reset it. No other significant buildup anywhere...

Any ideas? Thermostat telling it its too hot? Why no error code?

Hope everyone is well, it's been a minute since I've been on here...
Hi from Dorking ,England
We have recently bought our first boat E love it ! And as expected - things are starting to fail when we start to use them ))
Came across your post and this is the problem i am facing right now on my Elan 394 ... With the current weather here on the island this is becoming quite critical so i am hoping your problem was solved and kindly asking to share the way forward .
Checked all the links suggested and will be troupleshooting this weekend - waiting for the k-line adapter to arrive soon
but if you went throug this allready would be gratefull to know what the cause of the problem was .
I am having exactly the same suituation with my Air Top Evo -
Start , rev up , heat for a minute - rev down to almost idle

Many thanks and hope it has all been fixed on your boat .
JOOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:28   #4

Anyone figure this problem out??? Having the same problem and it is oh so frustrating! I've had mine less than 2 months!

Hope your problem is fixed and your journey is going well!!
Luvthruthestorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, heater