Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2021, 14:10   #1

Boat: Island Packet, Packet Cat 35
Walker Bay Tube installation

Posted elsewhere with zero response so let's try here.

I have a walker bay 10 with a Hypalon tube kit. Bought the kit pre-covid and didn't realize the clearance kit was the tubes only. Hmm.. Walker bay offers zero customer support, go to their dealers who are just as helpful.

Has anyone actually installed this kit, bought a WB with a tube kit on it that can tell me how and where the tubes are connected to the boat? A photo would be nice if possible.

Thanks
Cpt Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2021, 15:46   #2

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)
Re: Walker Bay Tube installation

Hi mark
I had a WB 8 for years (see my avatar photo), and found a photo where the alu strip is fixed to the hull. The sponsoons then slide in that alu profile, starting at the bow, and pulling backwards. I have not got a photo that shows how far from the bow the alu profile starts.

BTW the black paint on the bottom is (was) antifoul and and that lasted 10 years or so, making the dinghy more unattractive to steal as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1246 (2).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	243779  
Old 14-08-2021, 21:22   #3

Boat: Island Packet, Packet Cat 35
Re: Walker Bay Tube installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankOnthewater View Post
Hi mark
I had a WB 8 for years (see my avatar photo), and found a photo where the alu strip is fixed to the hull. The sponsoons then slide in that alu profile, starting at the bow, and pulling backwards. I have not got a photo that shows how far from the bow the alu profile starts.

BTW the black paint on the bottom is (was) antifoul and and that lasted 10 years or so, making the dinghy more unattractive to steal as well.
Thank you for this. Now I have a game plan.
Cpt Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
installation