Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 02:32   #16

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Visa for Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver47 View Post
I have just applied for our eta tourist Visa to Australia through eta website and it only took 10 minutes to apply and in a short time we've got an email stating we are approved and confirmed. Incredibly fast service
It is simple to get a 12 month multiple entry visa online for Australia. It does come with the enforced restriction that you spend a max of 90 days consecutively. If you want a 12 month visa that allows 12 months of stay then the application process is much more complicated and expensive.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:20   #17
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Visa for Cruisers

https://www.downunderrally.com/arriv...alia-by-yacht/

The rules and process I followed when I entered Australia.. no advance visa required. ^^^^^^

For those who have never heard of the B1/B2 visa.. Time you familiarised yourselves..

Noonsite.. Entering or Leaving the US by Private Yacht
All nationalities, whether entering and/or leaving the US by private yacht MUST obtain a visa in advance. Such visitors CANNOT enter the USA for the first time under the Visa Waiver Programme on board their yacht.

It is essential to plan ahead, as obtaining a visa for the United States is not a quick process. A personal interview at a US embassy (or some consulates) is required, together with the recording (in a US database) of the applicant's biometric data (i.e., fingerprints, photograph, etc..
Private yacht crew qualify for a Type D or Type C1/D visa, but only if remaining in the USA for less than 29 days. Most cruisers opt for the Type B1/B2 visa that allows foreigners access to the USA for 6 months at a time and allows re-entry for up to 10 years. The Type B1/B2 visa has special restrictions for receiving pay as a foreign national. See this Cruiser's report on their experience in obtaining such a visa.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:44   #18

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Visa for Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
https://www.downunderrally.com/arriv...alia-by-yacht/

The rules and process I followed when I entered Australia.. no advance visa required. ^^^^^^

Well, did you read the rules posted on the referenced site?
Quote:
VISAS - The Facts
With the exception of New Zealand citizens travelling on New Zealand passports, ALL foreign nationals must obtain a Visa / Electronic Travel Authority before travelling to Australia.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser