Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2012, 19:50   #1

Boat: Whitby,Evans 16 ft
Took a Beating Today :)

Well today was interesting. After work i went down to the marina where i have my boat and conditions were perfect. My turnbuckle on the starbord side came apart while i was on a tack. I only noticed because ive heard the cracking of the fiber glass on my boats roof. As i launge to grab on the shroud, both my sails up im pretty much dangling from the side of the boat. Luckily i reached for the lines and dropped my sails.
In the process of rigging something up for my buckle i tore almost all muscles in my arm as i was holding the shroud wrapped around it to keep it from copletely tearing the mast off my boat.
Excuse my terrible language, i have had a few drinks after this experience

My port side turnbuckle is completely warped, i managed to use some line to one handedly tie a knot to the shroud and keep it tied to one of the cleats on my boat.

The amazing thing of this whole experience is that somebody stopped to lend me a hand, this is after almost an hour of struggling. Funny thing is the bay i sail in is extremely busy and there was no lack of sailboats passing by.
I can pretty much say ive had my car break down on me several times, people gladly stopped and offered help. My motorcycle broke down also, bikers are by far the most eager to help imho. When it comes to sailfolk around these neck of the woods, god help you if you need a hand here. After several boats passing by ... cant imagine a guy dangling franticly off a shroud wouldnt be a sign of something being wrong
Had a guy pass me and tell me my mast is off balance, no help tho The amazingly smoking hot girl that stopped to help, seemed to say the least annoyed. Made me feel as if someone only asks if you need help only to expect you to say no and them feel good about asking but not really having to trouble themselves for the actual help

I am really diapointed by the seemingly lack of comaradery amongst the water people around my area. Serioously hope you guys are more helpful to other sailors out there.

I was prepared to let my mast drop(eventually after my arm would of been torn out of my socket) and paddle my way back, but really did not expect people to be so bloody ignorant.

I will refrain from commenting on the motorboat folk around here
Andrei123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 20:05   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Re: Took a beating today :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei123 View Post
Well today was interesting. ............... The amazingly smoking hot girl that stopped to help, seemed to say the least annoyed. Made me feel as if someone only asks if you need help only to expect you to say no and them feel good about asking but not really having to trouble themselves for the actual help

I am really diapointed by the seemingly lack of comaradery amongst the water people around my area. Serioously hope you guys are more helpful to other sailors out there.

I was prepared to let my mast drop(eventually after my arm would of been torn out of my socket) and paddle my way back, but really did not expect people to be so bloody ignorant.

I will refrain from commenting on the motorboat folk around here
Come on, you can't just tease us with the 'amazing smoking hot girl' comment and not give more details. You know what they say, pics or it didn't happen! )

Sorry to hear about plethora of problems. I AM surprised no one stopped earlier. That truly sounds unusual.
Old 22-08-2012, 20:14   #3

Boat: Whitby,Evans 16 ft
Re: Took a Beating Today :)

Yes, the smoking hot girl was kind of a hit to my ego i guess
I was on the deck with her while her boat was towing me towards my place of harbour. I gave her my number but was too concerned with what was happening to make any smart remarks. Not to mention her attitude was NOT nice in any way.

While she was helping our boats kind of hit eachother ... i am only hoping it was enough to prompt her to call me back ask for some compensation

Unfortunately I am a bit off on her attitude as she made some snide remarks about my boat. Even tho she was very beautiful ... could not of thought tight jeans would be comfortable attire for sailing but it definitely worked.

My forearms are totally destroyed, i will be lucky to be able to hold a pencil. In the process i dropped two spare turnbuckles in the water because i couldnt grip them properly. Could not imagine holding my phone to take pics of her.

If she calls back i promise i will take some.
Andrei123 is offline   Reply With Quote