Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2021, 15:36   #31

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: The gauntlet has been thrown

And to get more excited about sailing after school, this young lady can inspire:

She was born sailing though.

thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2021, 08:41   #32

Boat: Toes in the surfline and eyes on tomorrow's horizon
Re: The gauntlet has been thrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
That's wild that you are 62, but I'll give you one thing and that is you seem to be enjoying this.

And it seems to excite you which is a good thing.

As we get older, some say the toughest thing is to find things to really be interested in so you don't "get old."

I'm 65 and a bit bored with sailing locally so when I retire in a few years I'm hoping sailing far and wide will be fun.....and interesting

And slightly off thread, I was just checking out this old beauty as I seem to have become a full keel type monohull guy after racing beach cats for about 15 years (against some of the best sailors in the USA) that can cruise under spinnaker at plus 20 knots.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...ss-31-3821489/
Never give up. Never quit trying to learn something new every day. Never stop "living." And never ever settle for "acceptable."

Boredom happens when you start "just going through the motions." Change it up; learn something new, do the unexpected, teach someone what you know so that your knowledge gets passed on. These are just a few examples of what I'm talking about but the point is to get off your butt and remake yourself into someone more today than you were yesterday. Or you can even help someone else achieve that goal.

Above all, laugh. Laugh often and heartily and you will be surprised at how such a simple thing makes you feel better about the world around you as well as yourself.

That Southern Cross is GORGEOUS!
Rob_P is offline   Reply With Quote