Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2009, 15:34   #31

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
I have traveled in Thailand a few times and spent a lot of time with one family there. I see a huge difference between Uk women and Thai women. What I love about Thais is the child like enthusiasm and trust they show. They are open minded, friendly and have a caring disposition which I feel makes them far more able to adapt and play a very central active part in a new situation, and therefore make an excellent partner.

Here in the UK there are so many single people of all ages who are all busy looking for a partner on dating sites, yet with all that choice, its more difficult now than it ever was. You have to ask why. People have greater expectations than they did when younger, they seem less willing or able to make compromise to accommodate the other person, less willing to get their hopes up or make certain sacrifices to their lives incase it doesnt work out.

You only get out what your prepared to put in.

Maybe this is where Asian/Japanese women are different as they are devoted and enthusiastic enough to make that extra effort to make it work.
I know 2 men who married Japanese women and both describe the culture in the same way. Their wives are loyal and devoted in a way that they dont see shown to the same extent in western women. The women see a wifes role as being one of seemless support and close partnership, but not as secondary or subservient to the male.
Old 15-06-2009, 16:06   #32

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
I know and admire many couples that dispay that devotion and that is here in America, my sister being one of them.
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 18:07   #33

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
I met my lady because she lived in the same complex that I was banished to by my Ex. I didn't get a boat, a small one, until 3 years ago. The first time she went sailing, she was wearing a PFD and scared to death on a lake that was maybe 20' deep. Four sails later, we were on the Sound fighting a nasty current that was running with the wind. I decided it was time to douse and motor and when the jib hung up, she went forward on a pitching foredeck with no PFD (she forgot it) or linelines to yank it down.

Since then we've been in a couple of Gales and she did fine. With this last economic collapse, she's decided the whole picket fence and house full of things, that somebody can take away when your job goes South, just ain't what it's cracked up to be. Ya spend all of your time and years acquiring stuff and by the time ya figure out it don't mean nothin', it's too late.

So I'll get another good paying gig, liquidate much of the stuff, fill the kitty and we are GONE!!! My twenty dollar boat is paid for and she'll be good as new when the refit is done. She's gone around the Horn from East to West so I know she can handle it. We'll be out there in a year, bank on it...
CharlieCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 18:33   #34

imagine2frolic, he say:
Quote:
She drowned as a child
I'm sure you mean she nearly drowned. Had she drowned, she would be dead.

anginsan, he say:
Quote:
Funny thing though..she is very good at sneaking up on me, and everytime we sail into Avalon...she spends alot of time looking through the binoculars.....making little drawings on a chart.....am I missing something here? Tora Tora Tora!!!!!
As long as it's not around December 7th, you ought not to worry, but I'd still keep an eye on her…
Old 15-06-2009, 20:48   #35

Boat: Catalina 30
Send a message via Yahoo to anjinsan
it was the 8th in Japan

So I get up very early on the 6th..cook her breakfast.....no raw fish....eggs..bacon...apple pie..fly the flag....play the national anthem..Pledge of allegiance, I offer to take her to a baseball game..anything to take her mind off bombing harbors...I know its part of her DNA. Sometimes I find her doing a low crawl through the back yard.....K-bar in her teeth...mine of course ..they didn't have such a knife. She sticks the blade in the ground..looking for mines, I guess.... Leaving for Catalina this Friday. We will fly the Stars and Stripes on the stern...but that Big Meat Ball will be flying from the Mast....makes her feel at home. Yamamoto would be proud!!
anjinsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 04:56   #36
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
She was sucked down in a whirlpool, and her pfd popped her back up. She wasn't breathing, and revived. Was she dead? I don't know I wasn't there. Neither was a doctor to call the shot. I will put it this way. She was in the act of drowning....BETTER?......i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 05:46   #37

Boat: Privilege 37
She died, went to the great recorder in the sky who for her past infractions sentenced her to life with I2F

:smil ing:
Old 16-06-2009, 05:51   #38
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
She died, went to the great recorder in the sky who for her past infractions sentenced her to life with I2F

:smil ing:

You may be 100% correct. If I had been drinking anything. My screen would have been sprayed. That too damned funny
......i2f
Old 16-06-2009, 08:38   #39

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461
i2f,

I don't remember meeting her during the Spring Fling - Where were you hiding her?

Sailndive
Sailndive345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 09:30   #40
Eternal Member

Unfortunately she couldn't get anybody to trade hours with her at work. I must have forgotten to mention I am a kept man....hahahahahahahahaha.....i2f
Old 16-06-2009, 09:33   #41

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461
You'll have to plan the next gathering around her work schedule, my friend!...
Sailndive345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 12:32   #42
Eternal Member

Well chances are we will still be here this fall, and if so. I am sure we will put something together again. Maybe work in some folks coming down from the north on their boats? If so I will do that. She wasn't happy with her co-workers.....i2f