Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 22:16   #1

Sunsail / Morings yacht ownership program?

Hi, All,

Sunsail / Morings, I would like to hear from people who have participated in this yacht ownership program?

There seems to be an opinion that yacht ownership through a charter company brings nothing but heartache, however, this view seems to be expressed by people who have not participated. I have heard more bad than good, however this seems to be based around the smaller charter companies or the companies who deal in older yacht. The program offers a 37% discount on a new sunsail/moorings specification yacht, you receive no income from the yacht during the five year charter, neither do you pay any mooring fees, servicing or insurance, and you get to use your yacht or one of a similar specification in any of there destinations for up to 10 weeks per year.

I am not really concerned with there business model and realize that they probably get the yacht at a 37% + discount, therefore the yacht costs them nothing, very good business I know…

What I am interested in is your experience with sunsail/moorings, the general condition of their yachts throughout the charter period and more importantly what you where left with at the end of the charter?

Thanks,

Escapee
Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 06:37   #2

Boat: PDQ32
you can find a lot of usefull information at Yacht Charters | Discount sailboat charters | Charter yacht ownership | Sailonline.com

Tags
ownership