Hi. I have a 3 batteries
(105Ah each) house bank and 2-battery engine/windlass bank, all lead acid, in my sailboat. When I bought the boat
, 5 months ago, the house bank went from 12.9v to 12.2v after just 40Ah of use (according to the amp-hour-meter installed, which shows same V & Amps I measure at the batteries). I only have an icebox
drawing any significant current
while docked. Batteries
seem to charge normally (with solar
power, Victron controllers). Battery
pros load-tested them and said they were still good. After doing more testing and equalization
, I couldn't get more Ahs, so I replaced them to go cruising. They would measure 12.6v after 40Ah. Now, 4 months later, the same thing is happening with the new batteries. After 20 Ah of use they measure 12.2 v.
I let batteries rest for an hour, before making measurements with no load. 2 weeks ago I realized I had the engine/windlass batteries connected to the house bank for months, and the windlass battery
was bad (didn't hold charge, I have since replaced it). So it's possible that charging
the new batteries with the bad one chewed up the new batteries?
Has anyone seen this kind of issue? Help please.