Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2012, 12:36   #61

Boat: Bluewater 420 CC
Re: Solid/Bluewater Center Cockpit with modern interior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Yeah, but Greg, that's close to what EVERY Australian boat review says! There are NO bad boats built by advertisers...

Cheers,

Jim

PS ONly a week to go... getting excited?
Yes I take your point Jim, but I do think that there are badder boats built than the Delphia.....and regarding your other comment, trying not excited yet as of now there's still 78 hours to go!
Old 13-07-2012, 13:20   #62

Boat: searching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleebana View Post
I've no knowledge of a Bordeaux 60, but I am often amazed at what I see offerred as ocean going yachts by production builders, particularly owners staterooms in the bow. They sure look nice at the boatshow, but have you ever tried to sleep in the bow or even pull a pair of socks on at sea? I suggest you try this at sea in a the bow of a boat before you part with your cash. While you're there, try walking from the bow to the companionway without having decent handholds like the one in the picture. In even a moderate sea everyone, except the most agile will finish each trip with deep bruising on their thighs and hips from bashing into the furniture and that's the ones that managed to stay upright. Don't buy a cat either or you'll never develop the finer balance skills of the mono sailor.
And I'm always amused when people say owner staterooms in the bow are not working..as well island beds...its simply not true for most cruisers

First of all, an average cruiser may spend 80 -90% of his time on the hook, and not sailing. Thats the time when a nice, comfortable bed is one of the best things on board. Particular when you wanna get up and your partner is still sleeping - not moving over each other.
Yes, its noisy and fairly uncomfortable when sailing. BUT, since we are just two the other sleeps in the main salon in a proper seabed with lee cloth. This way she (or he) is as well closer to the cockpit if you need an additional hand. And the middle of the boat (salon) is anyway the best part of the boat when is rocking.

We cruise now for 8 months full-time and love our big bed. I was very concerned first, hearing so much bad things. You know what, I would never change again.

So it really depends what you plan to do. Sailing around the world in one year? Performance is everything - a small seabed may be the best thing.
Cruising - get the most comfortable boat you can afford - then look for safety/ease of handling and then sailing performance. I know that sucks sometimes when others are going 7 knots with the light breeze and you are like a stone in the water. But back in the anchorage we enjoy our room and comfort and are on the winner side again.....(we could now discuss heavy boats in heavy weather as well...but that would be way off I guess).

So sorry for drifting off the topic a bit, I agree a boat needs to be seaworthy (as well in the interior!!) but focus on the kitchen, see if there are enough of handholds and check if the loo is working while underway. The beds discussion comes always up with "while on the ocean" - fairly overrated IMO....

PS. Just thinking: We sailed from Annapolis down to the Bahamas, Haiti, DR, PR and now in Grenada: Something like 240 days or so. Without checking the log book, I think we spend not more than 12 nights at sea while sailing...
swisscraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 16:29   #63

I was thinking the 43, AMPHITRITE 43 (WAUQUIEZ) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com didnt know they made the 45 PH... Cool.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 14:54   #64

Did you see the price of the CS45, Try around $1m +.
Skipper434343 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
center cockpit, cockpit, interior