Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2017, 10:14   #31

Boat: 2006 Jeanneau SO 37
Re: Slips in south florida are expensive

We live in Tampa Bay Area and leave 2 Caframo (12v) fans on all the time. With solar panels keeping your batteries topped off, this shouldn't be a problem if you are not hooked up to shore power. Having air circulation keeps down the heat and the mold. Constant A/C is not necessary.
GulfportBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 10:25   #32

Jupiter Harbor has some availability but a skinny 6 foot draft. You will be around $600 per month. I'm in Soverel Harbour. I like it but it is more expensive than I would like it to be. Good depth and convenient to the restaurants and shops in the area. Off season rates are $650/month in that boat size range. The season is more like $1000 but you can get the off season rate if you sign for a year or more. You may find something in Jupiter Yacht Club for around $650-700 on a annual lease. Sunset Bay Marina in Stuart has wet slips and a mooring field. It is considerably less expensive and a nice place. Its just in Stuart. There a few people just north of Donald Ross Rd with slips behind their homes. The problem there is draft. You will need to be under 5 feet to even consider it. Call Bob on Paradise Point Rd. He occasionally has room. three one zero-2628. Good luck.
woot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 10:33   #33

Boat: CHB, 1981 Trawler, 41'

This is not an advertisement, just someone who lived at this marina for 4 years and loved it.
Ft Pierce was about $8 a ft a couple years ago, not sure today. But a very nice marina easy out and in. Right next to the ICW. Wonderful facilities, they work or you work on your boat. New docks, great bar and restaurant on the premises, close to everything. You are out of the marina and head to ocean just like that in 10-15 min or less. Or go cruise the ICW , right outside the marina. How big is the boat? 37? x $8 = $296 a month + elect. Live--a-boards are welcome. Ok I see they are now $10 ft. yearly. Live-aboard extra $100. Ok, $370 + $100 and a very fine marina.
Your membership at Harbortown Marina – Fort Pierce is so much more than a boat storage agreement. As a member, you become part of a greater network of Safe Harbor Marinas’ “Members Only” network, with exclusive privileges and savings.
Members have exclusive access to:
  • Private Boater’s Lounge
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Free Cable
  • Fitness Room
  • Heated Pool
  • Laundry Room
  • Picnic Pavilion
  • Gated Marina with 24/7 security
  • Private Restrooms and Showers
  • Marina Concierge
  • Enterprise Car Rental Services
  • Dock Carts
  • Nearby Shopping
  • Waterfront Dinning
  • Floating Courtesy Dock
  • Courtesy Bicycles
  • Deluxe Fish Cleaning Stations
  • ValvTect Marine Fuel
  • New Laundry Facilities
  • AED Onsite
  • CPR/First Aid Certified Personnel
Members’ privileges also transfer from one Safe Harbor Marinas location to the next. Be sure to explore all of your options before planning your next trip!
Santana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 11:56   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot17 View Post
Jupiter Harbor has some availability but a skinny 6 foot draft. You will be around $600 per month. I'm in Soverel Harbour. I like it but it is more expensive than I would like it to be. Good depth and convenient to the restaurants and shops in the area. Off season rates are $650/month in that boat size range. The season is more like $1000 but you can get the off season rate if you sign for a year or more. You may find something in Jupiter Yacht Club for around $650-700 on a annual lease. Sunset Bay Marina in Stuart has wet slips and a mooring field. It is considerably less expensive and a nice place. Its just in Stuart. There a few people just north of Donald Ross Rd with slips behind their homes. The problem there is draft. You will need to be under 5 feet to even consider it. Call Bob on Paradise Point Rd. He occasionally has room. three one zero-2628. Good luck.
woot you are cool
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 17:56   #35

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400 40 ft "Camp David

Suggestion. We stopped twice last year at Rivera Beach Municipal marina last spring. The docks are new and outstanding. The new office was weeks away from opening. Looked great. I was told the plan was for long term rentals.

Close to Palm Beach Gardens.

Worth a look

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 18:13   #36

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124
Slips in south florida are expensive

The problem with a lot of those private slips is they make you get off them when a hurricane is threatening. South Florida is the least friendly area we have cruised because of the cost of the slips and moorings. Who has 20k a year to spend on a slip in a hurricane safe marina? I second Riviera municipal but it's still close to the inlet.
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 19:06   #37
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
The problem with a lot of those private slips is they make you get off them when a hurricane is threatening. South Florida is the least friendly area we have cruised because of the cost of the slips and moorings. Who has 20k a year to spend on a slip in a hurricane safe marina? I second Riviera municipal but it's still close to the inlet.
Not in my neighborhood, we don't force anybody to leave in a hurricane.
The other way around: Nice and protected in a hurricane, people beg to come up here from July to November.
Been here 18 years and I have a side business: Absent Owner Care: looking after boats year around.
Never lost a boat or had any damage, including Wilma in 2005.
Anybody needing a dock in Fort Lauderdale, send me a PM.
(Need length, beam, draft, time staying, care needed (running engine, charging batteries, washing, etc)
Old 14-04-2017, 19:22   #38

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

following

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 19:30   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
There are no "Hurricane safe" Marinas
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida