Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 19:58   #1

Boat: 40' Leopard
slip cost

I was just curious as to the cost of a slip in the Mt Pleasent SC are for a 47' mono-hull . Also is there a marina that would put a boat on the hard for like 6 months? I f so what is the rough cost . I plan on spending probably 6 months a year sailing .
Thanks
rancher44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 21:25   #2

Boat: Block Island 40
Re: slip cost

I'm not too sure about SC but until you get more accurate info from marinas or cruisers in that area I would assume $500 a month is a fairly safe bet (give or take $100).

I'm also sure that 6 months on the hard won't be a problem. You will have costs associated with haul-out, re-launch, blocking and storage fees though.

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17   #3

Boat: Hunter 326

In the Charleston Harbor area Charleston City Boat Yard up the Wando would be my recommendation for dry storage it's well protected and great people, you'll have to call for a price. In the water you're looking at 10-14 a foot depending what you're looking for. Charleston City Marina and the Ashely Marina are on the Ashely River then Patriots Point, Maritime Center and the Copper River Marina on the Copper River. There are others but those are the bigger ones. Mt Pleasant has Hobcaw as well but I don't know if they can take a 47' sailboat.
Kjretlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:25   #4

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"

About $800 a month in Charleston for a slip. Patriots Point, the nearest to Mt. Pleasant.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44   #5
cruiser

Boat: O'day 32 CC Ketch

It seems you have the internet, why not call the marina in question and ask them? Rather then asking a net forum where any info is bound to be slightly inacurate. Just an idea. If your going to ask someone maybe ask someone who knows. Not tryin to be a smart ass, just being honest. call the marinas.
RabidRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:13   #6

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancher44 View Post
I was just curious as to the cost of a slip in the Mt Pleasent SC are for a 47' mono-hull . Also is there a marina that would put a boat on the hard for like 6 months? I f so what is the rough cost . I plan on spending probably 6 months a year sailing .
Thanks
Click over to Activecaptain.com, register, and zoom into the area you're interested in on the interactive chart system. You'll find information on anchorages and marinas including rates and contact information.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 14:28   #7

Boat: 40' Leopard

Thanks I am kinda of computer illiterate and did not know any of the marinias there . sorry if this was not appropriate but this site has been so helpful in so many questions

Thanks all
rancher44 is offline   Reply With Quote