Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2014, 07:20   #61
mrm

Boat: crew on Bavaria 38 Cruiser
Re: Should I buy another Boat or save for Cruising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjer40 View Post
Very important is queen birth for both that accommodates 6'02" 250lbs. (Not a V-Birth)
That requirement may be perfect for that 90% time spent in a marina or anchored out, but for passages... you may find it does not work that good, or maybe not..
mrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 12:24   #62

Yeah, I guess I should have been more specific. I don't expect to be able to use that birth when crossing, just for when I get there.
bigjer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 13:13   #63

Boat: catalina 27 & Windrose 20 Hunter 34

There's that thing again! Call the Midwife, you'll need her on the crossing if you are expecting a "birth"! Just sayin '.
Tbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 13:18   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbrad View Post
There's that thing again! Call the Midwife, you'll need her on the crossing if you are expecting a "birth"! Just sayin '.
Not just a regular birth, but royalty.
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 06:13   #65

You guys are right, sleep is over rated! I should probably just stay on land. How dare I spend your hard earned money on something important to me. Oh wait, it's my money! Yep, make it a Cal King!
Old 21-03-2014, 06:54   #66
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
You guys are right, sleep is over rated! I should probably just stay on land. How dare I spend your hard earned money on something important to me. Oh wait, it's my money! Yep, make it a Cal King!
I had to go back a page to see if there was something your post was based on. I don't see it and now wonder what your point is other than to see if people just start ignoring you.

But there I've always wondered why people ask unknown forum people to recommend a boat for them.
Old 21-03-2014, 10:05   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I had to go back a page to see if there was something your post was based on. I don't see it and now wonder what your point is other than to see if people just start ignoring you.

Maybe you should have read the response just above mine.

But there I've always wondered why people ask unknown forum people to recommend a boat for them.
You are the only person I asked which boat and that is because you called me a snob for wanting a full keel boat. My question was buy a boat or save til retirement. It kind of seems like you are just looking for a fight It's all good tho, I have got a lot of great advice.
Old 21-03-2014, 10:10   #68

Quote:
I think you're missing out on the funny bit. Look up birth vs berth, and some of the comments will make a lot more sense.
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 10:12   #69
CLOD

Boat: none

I didn't call you a snob, but am willing to call you some other names now if that is your goal. And I answered your question way back in the beginning, but that was before I understood you already had an answer in your mind that you wanted to hear.
Old 21-03-2014, 10:58   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
I think you're missing out on the funny bit. Look up birth vs berth, and some of the comments will make a lot more sense.
Your right, it is funny and I can almost promise it won't be the last time I do it
Old 21-03-2014, 11:01   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
The whole problem with this thread is the snob thinking that a nice production boat isn't also a capable ocean crossing boat. You may not to just get any production boat, but there are lots that will do both nicely. And even if crossing oceans you still are going to live along the coast 90+% of the time.

Then my apologies, I thought this was directed at me. I do appreciate your advice along with all the other advice that differs from your advice. I have a lot to think about. I do need any attention, I am simply responding to others that continue to post and ask questions. My bad

Tags
cruising