Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2019, 12:52   #16

Re: Scary Majorca Marina costs

Spain now has the most expensive marina in the Med.It is Joe Banus near Marbella. Supply and demand I suppose
Stewie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 13:14   #17
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Scary Majorca Marina costs

I think Puerto Banus has always been expensive, it certainly was back in the 90's.. supposedly a marina built for the 'beautiful people'.. aka rich folks.
Price out the boat trash..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 16:49   #18

Boat: KP 46

In 1996, I laid on the inside of the outer mole at Puerto Portals in Majorca. I was there 10 days, cost 10,000 usd, one thousand dollars per night, no electricity. This was for a 151 ft motor yacht. I imagine it has gone up a bit since then.

M
captmikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 16:51   #19

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23iL23 View Post
ha. Welcome to the "Yachting capitol of the med" as they like to call it. Yes, crazy prices and not sure how anyone apart from the superyacht owners can afford it. I was charged 400 euros for one night last year (66 footer).
Many superyachts seem to have similar (in proportion) budgets to us regular cruisers. In places like Tunisia, they come to have their papers stamped, fill up on cheap fuel, then head back to Europe with their tanks filled, and their unpaid VAT window renewed for another 18 months.
One owner we got to know has a marina berth in Rome, but keeps his boat in Tunisia because the berthing cost is lower.

Places like Porto Montenegro, we see a lot of big super yachts anchored out in the bay rather than paying marina prices.

Seems big or small, most of use have a budget that needs to be managed. We found that reassuring in a way.
David B is offline   Reply With Quote