Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2017, 22:56   #1

Sardinia

Hi All
Well after 3 years of grief (for which reason I shan't name the manufacturer), we have taken delivery of our shiny new boat. We will be crossing the Channel to Brittany in March 2018, hopping down the coast to La Rochelle, cross Biscay then on to the Med, taking our own sweet time about it, aiming to be in the Balearics June 2018. From there to N Sardinia, before Corsica then our berth in South of France. Aiming to spend lots of time on the hook - however---
3 years ago I came across a blog or sailing article mentioning a fantastic looking luxury hotel and spa with its own purpose built marina in the Maddelenas Islands and I'm damned if I can't find it now. It belongs to a major hotel chain I believe. I was hoping to reward the wife's forbearance with a weeks R&R and pampering.
While all you hard bitten cruisers wipe the tears of sympathy from your eyes - if anyone has a clue which establishment I may be talking about, your help would be appreciated.
Also I have heard of cruisers having issues with bogus marinaros trying to extort cash for mooring in the area. Any recommendations, advice and tips for the N Sardinia area would be most welcome.
cenicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 23:22   #2
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Re: Sardinia

Porto Cervo. If you can afford it though, you shouldn't have to worry about bogus marinaros.

IMO, the harbor at Cassis is twice as nice and half the cost. There is another marina that is very nice on Sardinia at the southern end. Lega Navale Villasimius – sito ufficiale della LNI sez. di Villasimius
Old 14-11-2017, 00:02   #3

Re: Sardinia

Thanks for that Palarran. Looked at Porto Cervo but it's not the one, but will fit the bill if I fail in my quest. This was a new build - perhaps they never built it. Comments note (onboard harmony sometimes carries a hefty bill). Doing southern Sardinia and Sicilly and Italy following year.
Thanks again
cenicero is offline   Reply With Quote