Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2004, 21:37   #1

Send a message via AIM to Jonesy
Thumbs up Rosslin Forrest

Was wondering if anyone has heard of this lady yet. Shes 22 and going non-stop around the world single-handed in a 34' Columbia. I think she is going to leave Canada this week and head south for Cape Horn, then head east. Heres her website.
http://www.roslinforrest.org/

Lets wish her luck along with calm seas and fair winds.

Must be nice to have sponsors help outfit your boat.
"Nothing is so insufferable to man as to be completely at rest, without passions, without business, without diversion, without study. He then feels his nothingness, his forlornness, his insufficiency, his dependence, his weakness, his emptiness. There will immediately rise from the depth of his heart weariness, gloom, sadness, fretfulness, vexation, despair." - Blaise Pascal
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 13:49   #2

Boat: Privilege 37
Anybody who at the age of 23 has managed to get the sponsors lined up and got the boat and support fixed, has already made her own luck! I merely wish her fair winds (although I am not sure I would want to do a circum in a boat with a lifting keel)
Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 13:56   #3

"Ros began her attempt from Victoria on Vancouver Island on the 9th of October 2004, however shortly after she departed she ran into two weeks of severe weather. After suffering from seasickness and being unable to keep food down, Ros became very weak and was advised to head for the nearest port, San Francisco"

I don't mean to be harsh, but I have to think this young lady just dodged a Darwinian Bullet. If you read her logs, she had no business attempting a long coastal cruise, much less a circ. Unfortunately, her sponsors will now be less interested in legitimate endeavors.....
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote