Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2015, 22:38   #1

Boat: 35ft classic ketch/yawl.
Send a message via Skype™ to roland stockham
Resolved: vendor concern with Canadian Fabrics

Company; Outdoor Fabrics Canada.inc
Email; info@outdoorfabricscanada (dot) com
Contact name; Angela Kowcenuk

Recently tried to order stuff from these people once I paid the money they 'vanished' No reply to emails, answer service permanently full and when I tracked down the address on Google maps the only thing on the camera looks like a drug store

PayPal also tried to contact them and failed so they returned my money. Thank you. PayPay for prompt, excellent and secure service. A reminder to all to use insured payment online only.

PLEASE NOTE

There is also another company;info@jtsoutdoorfabrics.com. close to the same location and similar name - NO CONNECTION, this is the company I was recommended to and who have now sent my order but I got the names mixed up for the original order

There is also company with a very similar name and web site in the USA (Florida I think). As far as I am aware these companies are NOT, connected in fact the US company may have had the web site stolen.

roland stockham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 05:26   #2

Boat: Wildcat 35
Re: Possible scam alert, Canada, fabric supply

Hey Roland,

I am in Barrie for today and tomorrow. If you give me their address I will at least take a drive by and report what I see.
DavidLGCrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 05:43   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

“We are a warehouse only and do NOT have a retail store. This is our mailing address.”
PO Box 20040
Bayfield North
Barrie, ON. L4M 6E9
https://www.outdoorfabricscanada.com...tion=contactus

or

128 Penetang Street - PO Box 27002 Barrie , ON L4M6K4
http://www.manta.com/ic/mxjmbx3/ca/o...ics-canada-inc

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 05:57   #4

Boat: Ontario32

JT in Barrie is a spin off from the now closed JT Boat Tops in Midland, Janni retired at the end of the season last fall. One of his former employees has seen a niche to fill supply orders. Appears legitimate as a fellow sailor was in the site when it started up.
Crew of Turning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 07:43   #5

I have read the statement of a possible scam. I also looked at the company's web site.
It seems that they do exist and clearly state they are a warehouse system. Not a walk in retail system. Until you have proven that there is a true scam maybe best if such bold statements are not made and possibly damage the reputation of an honourable Canadian company.
Just the fact mam just the facts.
chanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 08:32   #6

That is the address I have. As chanson1 says, just facts, I said POSSIBLE. There may be a reasonable reason for what happened and if there is then fine but I thought it merited alerting people. If it was just me I would not have said anything but PayPay could not contact them either.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanson1 View Post
I have read the statement of a possible scam. I also looked at the company's web site.
It seems that they do exist and clearly state they are a warehouse system. Not a walk in retail system. Until you have proven that there is a true scam maybe best if such bold statements are not made and possibly damage the reputation of an honourable Canadian company.
Just the fact mam just the facts.
Honorable Canadian Company needs to act like it is in business. The risk of being unresponsive to a customer is just what you see.
wgewaldii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 01:53   #8

Boat: NAJAD 440CC
Thumbs up Re: Possible scam alert, Canada, fabric supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland stockham View Post
That is the address I have. As chanson1 says, just facts, I said POSSIBLE. There may be a reasonable reason for what happened and if there is then fine but I thought it merited alerting people. If it was just me I would not have said anything but PayPay could not contact them either.
Many thanks Roland from faraway (Switzerland)
giorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 20:46   #9

Hi Roland, This is Angela from Outdoor Fabrics Canada. I have searched and searched through all of my orders and through all of our Paypal transactions and I have no record of an order coming from a customer named Roland Stockham. Could it be under another name. I see that you registered with Outdoor Fabrics Canada but I have no record of an order being placed.

Paypal is in contact with me consistency via email as I am a verified customer. We are a warehouse only and do not have a retail store. We ship online orders. If I can help you clear up the money you paid to paypal please send me a copy of the email from paypal so I can investigate for you. The email address for us is info@OutdoorFabricsCanada.com. We have not "vanished" Our old mailing address was 128 Penetang Street which is the postal outlet at the Shoppers Drug Mart.

So Heres the scoop. We are a Canadian Company located in Barrie Ontario. We are going through a growth spurt and have got ourselves into a back log situations with orders. We have hired new Employees and are training as I write. We are hard working and we love what we do. I am proud to say that many of our customers have been understanding and patient during this this time. Good news for Canadians that require Fabrics and upholstery supplies that Outdoor Fabrics Canada has great prices and are Canadian born and raised. We value our customers and thank them for supporting us. With our continued growth we can keep prices competitive and supply the Canadian Market with everything they need.

Now to get back to your issue on the reason this post was originally created was because Roland, you placed an order and payed for it but did not get it shipped to you. If you can show me that paypal took your money for an order that you placed with Outdoor Fabrics Canada Inc. in Barrie ontario I will ship your order for free. Product and shipping paid for by me. Thank you for the news feed and we are here to supply all customers who require Outdoor Fabrics
Sincerely, Angela Kowcenuk - Owner - Outdoor Fabrics Canada - - Sunbrella Outdoor Fabric Distributor
A.Kowcenuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 20:06   #10

Re: Resolved: vendor concern with Canadian Fabrics

Hi Roland, I am eager to hear a response from you in regards to your order. Please send me your confirmation or the email from Paypal. I am offering my help to you to set things right. I look forward to hearing from you,
Angela
A.Kowcenuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 22:00   #11

I am not sure why Roland will not assist with information so Canadian Fabrics can investigate the incident. All it takes is to simply supply what she has asked for. Roland stated that there could possibly be a scam concern. Give the company a chance to prove there was or was not a scam concern.
chanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 22:17   #12

I have no dog in this fight but ...

Ms AK should read the entire thread before requesting or insisting to be of help after the fact ... growing pains or not ... too little too late.

The PayPal has resolved the case to customer's satisfaction. Money were returned, the case closed as he is concerned. Maybe he does not want to waste any more time, or get aggravated any more, and moved on.

Glad that there is a silver lining to this story ... peace to all!
Richard_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 22:20   #13

Hi an thanks for the offer, unfortunately it is too late for me. Paypal conducted an investigation through their complaints department between 6th and 17th Feb and where unable to contact you so they paid me as an insurance claim and I have had the order replaced by another company. I suggest you contact Paypal's complaints and investigations dept to find out why they could not contact you.

I was impressed by your product range and pricing and would hate to see a good Canadian company suffer. I am quite prepared to accept that this was a communication breakdown, these thing do happen!

So I would invite any established members of the forum who have had satisfactory dealings with this company to put an affidavit on this thread supporting them in order to repair any damage to their reputation.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:12   #14

Hello, I too am having trouble with this company. I placed an order (New Order # 2015- 6000 dated 8/23/2015) for several samples plus 1 yard of a specific fabric. I received all the samples but instead of the 1 yard, they sent a sample of that product number yet charged me the $45 for the yard of fabric. I have been trying to contact them since 9/1/2015 to get the 1 yard of fabric but have not received an answer to my repeated emails. I've also tried phoning and get no answer except an automated response that says the mailbox is full. At this point, I just want my $45 back and call it quits with this company. I'm glad to see in an earlier post that Paypal can help resolve the matter because that's my next contact. Just wanted all of you to know, things have not improved with this company.
gbjepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:28   #15
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, gbjepson.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Canada, fabric